I'm starting over again, anyone else?

Options
I joined MFP in march of 2011 I was 280 pnds. I lost 25 pounds. I fell off the wagon due to complications with chronic depression and lack of income for medication. But I am back now and have lost 6 pounds since last week. I would like to hear your stories regarding slip ups and getting back on track. I'd like to hear about motivations and struggle. Share your story. It will help me immensly and maybe it will help others too! Thanks.

Replies

• Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I did similar... I was doing amazingly last year and lost almost 50lb and had oral surgery last July. They had to put a lot of pressure on my lower jaw and I couldn't chew for 8 days so I lived on protein shakes and nothing else. Once I started being able to eat again, I didnt stop eating for a week and it all went downhill from there.
  • jdjamez
    jdjamez Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm starting over again after regaining the 40 lbs I lost a couple of years ago. I had a baby a year and a half ago and it's time I get back on the wagon.
  • tanmustlose
    Options
    yup. i'm glad i didn't gain it all back, i still have a ways to go though. :( we can do it!!!
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I had to start over again. I was one here in Dec. and I just couldn't do it on 1200. Bumped myself up to 1300 and now it seems more manageable.
  • doingit4myprincesses
    doingit4myprincesses Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I just got back on the wagon as well. I fell off the wagon when I was diagnosed with bipolar. I have had a hard time because the meds make me hungry and tired most of the time. But now I have that under control for the most part and started back. I have started back on watching what I eat and hopefully next week I can start exercising again. (I am healing from a broken ankle.) I wish you the best of luck on your journey!
  • AshleyAllbright
    AshleyAllbright Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have had moments where I'm all about it one day and the next it's just the last thing I want to think about. I started about a year ago on MFP and initially lost 14 pounds. Then I let one bad day destroy all my previous efforts. I finally decided that I must always keep my weight loss efforts at the forefront of my mind and plan plan plan ahead every single day. That one day I don't plan can and will put me in a funk and I will forget all I've done to stay on track.
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP but this is my 3rd take on working out. I'm hoping it sticks this time, so I joined here for the motivation I need to stick with it!

I'd like to lose 38 pounds by Christmas, 10 or so of which I'd like to lose before my first dress fitting at the end of this month.
  • susanne181818
    Options
    Last summer I was down 13 pounds. It doesn't seem like much, but it makes a difference when I throw on a bikini top (which I can't proudly wear now). It took me a year to gain it all back...but here I am busting my buldge to lose 10 pounds by the 4th of July. What helps me is watching a show like America's Next Top Model when I am doing sit ups...because I'm looking at all their flat stomachs. Then when I work with my dumbells, I'll watch Mob Wives because Drita has some awesome arm muscles. So basically, watching skinny chick shows while I'm working out motivates me :)

When I get back on the wagon, I always start off by taking water pills and Dieter's Tea the first couple days. I know many people are against it, but losing that access waste build up motivates me by the 3-4 pounds I quickly drop! Thereafter, it's a lifestyle...a HARD one at that!
  • xButterflyEffectx
    xButterflyEffectx Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I find every day challenging in some ways. I've lost a few pounds, weigh myself once a week and am amazed each time I get on the scales and the pounds haven't secretly found there way back onto my body. I won't say it's a constant battle, but for me it's a constant awareness. Being fifty, my body has definately changed. The attitude of society towards me has change, it's all a challenge. But I take things day by day, minute by minute if I have to. I chose to succeed....and so far it's working. Best wishes for your journey.
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over again, again, again. I seem to keep losing and gaining the same pounds. Worse, I lose 10, gain 12. Lose 10, gain 12. After a few cycles of that, I am 6 pounds heavier than my original "I am a disgusting pig and I must do something about this" weight.

To one of the other posters, what is Dieter's Tea?
  • adm511
    adm511 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I started in August of last year and lost 38 pounds. I changed nothing and gained back 18. I got discouraged and LAZY and really angry with myself. Since then I haven't had the motivation to get myself going again. I am really FED up with beating myself up! I miss the muscle I gained and the rushes I got when I tried on clothes and they fit better. I get depressed easily and bored even easier. Thanks for getting people to share, pouring all this out has actually made me feel better! (:
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Technically ;3.

I started at 130 (I think,) got down to 103 and started binging because I think I deprived myself of too many things (and it was fall season, so many wonderful fall treats ;-; . . . then winter ^&%^%%^&%^&), got up to 130 again in December, was on and off for a while and decided to join MFP at 115. Hopefully this time I won't be too hard on myself ;3.
  • tlynn120
    tlynn120 Posts: 4
    Options
    Yep - starting again. Lost some weight for a trip, but haven't really taken care of myself since. Looking for ways to keep at it, especially in the summer months with camping and bbq's. I find I do well all week, but then put it back on on the weekend, then spend the week losing that same freakin' weight! Vicious circle. Trying to log every day and get to the gym 3 times at least (I eat better when working out!). Would like to go down 2 sizes, about 20 lbs by the end of the year. I'll be quite happy to lost 6 over the summer.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I started a year ago. I lhave lost and I've been here ever since, but I seem to have been stuck lately, cheating too much. So, I started over yesterday....it was the one year anniversary since I started so I figured it was time to start again giving it my all!! I have a lot to lose and I think that doing it slowly is a good thing for me, BUT I thought I'd be a lot farther than 22ish lbs in a year........I am happy with the 22ish lbs (I didn't weigh at first). I've lost two shirt sizes, at least a pants size and a couple of bra cup sizes, and lowered my cholesterol by 51 points...from 102 to 51, the doctor wants it to be 50 or below so I'm close. I can see a difference in my face. I know that I eat tons differently....lots of vegetables and fruits, chicken breast only, not a lot of sweets at all (although ice cream binges have been my weakness lately because it's in the house and if it's here I eat it.) I don't do the binge eating all the time like I used to do on a daily basis. I haven't had a soda in a year; I drink water and unsweetened tea when I eat out. I can walk through Walmart without feeling like I'm going to die and I feel steadier on my feet. I know that even though the lbs are not that high (compared to a lot of what other people are losing) that I have made progress FOR ME.......I hope to make more progress in the weeks to come.

Good luck with your decision to do better and to be here. I hope you have great success on your journey. YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • Chrissle64
    Chrissle64 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over again as well. I had lost 20lbs while my husband was deployed to Iraq and as soon as he came home I fell right off the wagon. I conformed to his eating style, chose to sit on the couch and play video games instead of working out and getting out of the house. I regained that 20lbs and another 15. I am not a happy camper and am trying to stay on the path to weight loss.
  • mipanda
    mipanda Posts: 43
    Options
    I've had mfp since Feb 2011, when I got back from fiji and was up to 75kg. I worked hard and got down to 66-67kg, with a goal of 60kg - but my problem is that I start to feel so good at 66kg that I stop trying! Now I'm just shy of 70kg again and can't remember the last time I exercised.

I feel like being an active member on here might help motivate me. And I just got a voucher for a free 30 day membership to the local gym.
  • RichOC
    RichOC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I just got back on the wagon as well. I fell off the wagon when I was diagnosed with bipolar. I have had a hard time because the meds make me hungry and tired most of the time. But now I have that under control for the most part and started back. I have started back on watching what I eat and hopefully next week I can start exercising again. (I am healing from a broken ankle.) I wish you the best of luck on your journey!

Abilify made me gain over 30lbs. in 2 months. I had to switch over to Trileptal...
  • susanne181818
    Options
    I'm starting over again, again, again. I seem to keep losing and gaining the same pounds. Worse, I lose 10, gain 12. Lose 10, gain 12. After a few cycles of that, I am 6 pounds heavier than my original "I am a disgusting pig and I must do something about this" weight.

To one of the other posters, what is Dieter's Tea?

Cali Girl Brand makes Dieter's Tea (Drink) is a green tea box. I'm not sure if you have "99 Cent Only Stores" where you live, but that's where I get mine. It's 12 teabags for 99 cents. The tea is 100% Alfalfa...and it's like a roto rooter for the colon! LOL I've tried other cleansing products, but this one is by far the best! Just make sure you're at home when you take this....because it can be brutal! However, it really kills my bloating after a weekend of horrible eating. I'll upload a photo of it in my profile photos, so check it out.
  • susanne181818
    Options
    Yep - starting again. Lost some weight for a trip, but haven't really taken care of myself since. Looking for ways to keep at it, especially in the summer months with camping and bbq's. I find I do well all week, but then put it back on on the weekend, then spend the week losing that same freakin' weight! Vicious circle. Trying to log every day and get to the gym 3 times at least (I eat better when working out!). Would like to go down 2 sizes, about 20 lbs by the end of the year. I'll be quite happy to lost 6 over the summer.

OMG I go through the same cycle too! Glad I'm not the only one. I live on a lake, so we BBQ at least once a week. I've learned to bbq things like shrimp, scallops, and use seafood seasonings with "I Can't Believe it's Not Butter" spray. The spray also tastes good on BBQ'd zuccini and BBQ'd asparagus. I'm not one for veggies, but grilled with butter spray and a lil garlic salt and they taste pretty darn good! Now all I've gotta do is replace the weekend beer ;) Good luck
  • becsks
    becsks Posts: 12
    Options
    Oh yeah. I've done Weight Watchers 4 times. Last year, I actually hit goal and felt fit and fabulous... until my husband lost his job and I went into an emotional dark place (for that, and other reasons). He's employed now and I'm working through the other stuff, but I never regained my momentum... I just regained 20 pounds instead!

So here I am, overweight again. At least I know how to fix it and I'm excited about getting back to my goal.