strippers...

Jessicaruby
Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
curious on what peoples thoughts are on strippers.... Please dont take this the wrong way, i am just curious as to what others think.... i am a single mother working part time and going to school full time(with tons of school loans)... i would love love love to have enough money to some day open my own restaurant... i am also in desperate need of a new car. i figure my two best options are 1. becoming a stripper until i can save up some money or 2. finding me a sugar daddy.... this is just a thought but honestly i dont know if i could ever go through with it... i would be so shy and wouldnt want to show my body off like that and i do not want people to portray me as a hooker, ect.... it would however be good exercise :laugh: thoughts???

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    My Ex-wife was a stripper. Nothing wrong with it imho. She still strips and makes crazy amounts of money.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    I totally support single moms!!!!!
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    I knew a bouncer that worked a strip club, he said it wasn't as 'glamorous' as it may seem to be. Lots of creeps wait for the girls in the back to proposition them for other services, or worse.

Maybe see if you can visit a club, and do an 'amateur night' and try it out, talk to the girls that do it regularly. See what they have to say.

I won't say 'go for it' or 'don't do it', just explore your options.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    i would be so shy and wouldnt want to show my body off like that
    Seems like stripping is contraindicated in this case. :)

Be sure you've thought it through. No matter what opinions you get here, there will be a lot of people who will look down on you. Also think about your future career and whether this could have repercussions later on. Have you had any trouble over custody of your child/ren? Stripping might be used against you in a custody case.

If you decide to go through with it, think about your safety. Make sure you have reliable transportation, for one thing. I would not want to be a stripper without a car and risk having an overenthusiastic patron follow me onto the bus or walking home.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    I have a very good friend who did it briefly in her 20s just to see what it was like. She said it was very empowering, and she did it for fun, not even for the money.

As ElizRd said, as long as you are safe and it can't be used against you, I personally don't see any issue with it.
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member

As ElizRd said, as long as you are safe and it can't be used against you, I personally don't see any issue with it.

^^^^ this
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    No prob at all..In fact I'd be friends with 'em...Do what you gotta do I say....:drinker:
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member

Seems like stripping is contraindicated in this case. :)

Be sure you've thought it through. No matter what opinions you get here, there will be a lot of people who will look down on you. Also think about your future career and whether this could have repercussions later on. Have you had any trouble over custody of your child/ren? Stripping might be used against you in a custody case.

If you decide to go through with it, think about your safety. Make sure you have reliable transportation, for one thing. I would not want to be a stripper without a car and risk having an overenthusiastic patron follow me onto the bus or walking home.

^^^ This, exactly this.
  • fatfrost
    fatfrost Posts: 365 Member
    I think that where you do it has a lot to do with how it works. Being a stripper in a Seattle club owned by women is totally different that working in LA for the Russian Mob or Vegas for a slimy corporation. Yes, I know way too much about this.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    I support Moms and I support Strippers:

3d05b2365.gif
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    <3
  • Gordie580
    Gordie580 Posts: 154 Member
    a member of my family did it and they made over a grand a night most nights. Also it's all cash, she had no loans at the age of 30, even owned her own home.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,134 Member
    I had a few friends who did it, they made a lot of cash but you have to put up with a lot of crap. Most places take care of their acts though.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    I think strippers are desperate and it's a sad situation. I don't believe it makes them bad people though.
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    i have nothing against it, but if i had kids i would never strip. thats just me. also i would be to shy, and live in a big city so i wouldnt feel safe. this is just me, and you need to personally make your own decision.
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    no possibility of it being used against me that i can forsee.... i am just contemplating this idea and was just wondering what others thoughts were on the topic..... like i said im not even sure i could do it but i have heard you can make great money. we have quite a few in the area and one is more classy/upscale so if i did choose to go through with it i would go there not a cheap rundown place (we have those as well) and i would definetly be super safe... i would be doing this to save money up for a very big purpose i would not be stupid about it and it would not be a long term thing
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    I'd say to do it. I've know 2 different young women who each did it for a year or so for some quick money. One of the women wore wigs and make up that was vastly different from her normal so no one would know it was her. She said her brother came in one night--she didn't even know he went to strip clubs and didn't recognize her.

The other woman I knew did it after getting out of an abusive relationship with 3 kids to feed and rent to pay. She had very little formal education. She made enough money to take care of her kids, get a start on community college and then get a decent paying job so she could quit dancing.

If you have the temperment for it, I say go for it! No shame in making an honest living . Ya do what ya gotta do to make ends meet.
  • VaporsWorld
    VaporsWorld Posts: 441 Member
    Do it.

Curious. On a different note. Have you ever watch the pole dancing competitions. Omg, amazing talent. YouTube Felix Cane. Incredible talent.
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    I love going to strip clubs with my husband. It's too bad many of them are totally skanky because I see nothing wrong with dancing for money with or without your clothes on. I am quite a free bird though. lol Just wish our clubs had some nicer looking dancers.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    It sounds like you'd be pretty smart about it. As long as you really think it through and you can handle some people's disapproval, I'd say you would be fine.
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Nicer looking and not so stoned/drunk I should say. If you do choose that route, I hope you don't fall into the lifestyle often associated with it.
  • Susabelle64
    Susabelle64 Posts: 207 Member
    I dont think there is an issue at all. I would hate to deal with the men personally, but I bet you would learn some good people skills, LOL! As long as you dont plan on running for public office or marrying someone who is....then if you want to go for it, go ahead. Just be safe, there are a lot of creeps out there.........Keep your sense of self and dont do anything crazy.
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    If we didnt have strippers then we probably wouldnt have doctors or lawyers, so thank God for strippers.
  • snw_
    snw_ Posts: 237 Member
    Sounds like you know what you are doing. i fully support dancers. be safe.

i danced burlesque for awhile. it was fucking amazing to hear the cheers from the crowd. i only wish i had miney being stuffed into my, um, pasties?
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Sounds like you know what you are doing. i fully support dancers. be safe.

i danced burlesque for awhile. it was fucking amazing to hear the cheers from the crowd. i only wish i had miney being stuffed into my, um, pasties?

Well, you do have a great rack for it.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Nicer looking and not so stoned/drunk I should say. If you do choose that route, I hope you don't fall into the lifestyle often associated with it.

This is what I was going to say. When I was younger, I had a LOT of friends who were strippers. We used to go play pool until the bar closed, then go to the strip club to hang out since it was the only place still open. Most of them started out great girls...with good intentions. But girls would regularly bring alcohol into the back (this usually isn't allowed)...often as a means to cope with their own guilt for what they were doing. The guilt free ones avoided that trap...but almost invariably got caught up in the 'party-girl' atmosphere. Many lost their children (to exes or parents/family...sometimes to CPS) that they started stripping to support, because they were never home, and when they were...they were sleeping. Drugs are stupidly prevalent. And the pressure to do them is IMMENSE. You've never felt the kind of pressure a dressing room full of aggressive women can bring to bear, trust me...the newer girls would often leave in tears.

Now...out of ALL of the girls I knew. In the couple years we all hung out together...only ONE avoided every single solitary pitfall. She started at 18, and when I met her she was 22. She never dated customers (you'd be shocked how many women meet their boyfriends/husbands while working as strippers)...she never did drugs. She refused ANY and ALL social advances from the other girls...but was incredibly nice and helpful to them as well. It took her a year before she'd even socialize with me...and she told me the reason was because she never once saw me buy a lap dance, or do anything but hang out and be friendly (I wasn't there for naked women...I was there to hang with my friends and meet cool people lol). We went out to dinner occasionally, and eventually she told me that her plan was to retire by 25yrs old. She already owned...at 22, a 4000sf house in Vegas, and had over $1.2m in the bank. She made roughly $1500/night, and she worked SEVEN DAYS A WEEK. She also invested her money. She had no kids...and didn't intend to have kids OR date until she'd quit stripping. She'd graduated high school at the top of her class. I asked her why she wanted to strip...and she told me that her plan was to make her money first, enough to live the rest of her life if possible...then, when she could afford to live in any manner she chose...she could go to school...find a career, marry...have kids...all without the burden of economic dependency on anyone. Rather than going to school for however many years and becoming a doctor...THEN making the money to pay off student loans, and build a life...she built a life first, and when she went to school, I'm sure she paid cash.

Anyway, that's ONE girl, out of hundreds.

Consider your path very carefully.
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Nothing wrong with strippers... just keep it classy :drinker:
  • supatim
    supatim Posts: 239 Member
    As long as you are in a safe environment and can keep your eyes on the ultimate prize, I would fully do it. You would be having an incredible life experience as well.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    My best friend is a stripper. She is a pretty normal girl, only she takes her clothes off for money! She is not shy at all and has always loved being naked as long as I've known her.

If you're shy and lack confidence you would be a pretty awful stripper.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member

This is what I was going to say. When I was younger, I had a LOT of friends who were strippers. We used to go play pool until the bar closed, then go to the strip club to hang out since it was the only place still open. Most of them started out great girls...with good intentions. But girls would regularly bring alcohol into the back (this usually isn't allowed)...often as a means to cope with their own guilt for what they were doing. The guilt free ones avoided that trap...but almost invariably got caught up in the 'party-girl' atmosphere. Many lost their children (to exes or parents/family...sometimes to CPS) that they started stripping to support, because they were never home, and when they were...they were sleeping. Drugs are stupidly prevalent. And the pressure to do them is IMMENSE. You've never felt the kind of pressure a dressing room full of aggressive women can bring to bear, trust me...the newer girls would often leave in tears.

Now...out of ALL of the girls I knew. In the couple years we all hung out together...only ONE avoided every single solitary pitfall. She started at 18, and when I met her she was 22. She never dated customers (you'd be shocked how many women meet their boyfriends/husbands while working as strippers)...she never did drugs. She refused ANY and ALL social advances from the other girls...but was incredibly nice and helpful to them as well. It took her a year before she'd even socialize with me...and she told me the reason was because she never once saw me buy a lap dance, or do anything but hang out and be friendly (I wasn't there for naked women...I was there to hang with my friends and meet cool people lol). We went out to dinner occasionally, and eventually she told me that her plan was to retire by 25yrs old. She already owned...at 22, a 4000sf house in Vegas, and had over $1.2m in the bank. She made roughly $1500/night, and she worked SEVEN DAYS A WEEK. She also invested her money. She had no kids...and didn't intend to have kids OR date until she'd quit stripping. She'd graduated high school at the top of her class. I asked her why she wanted to strip...and she told me that her plan was to make her money first, enough to live the rest of her life if possible...then, when she could afford to live in any manner she chose...she could go to school...find a career, marry...have kids...all without the burden of economic dependency on anyone. Rather than going to school for however many years and becoming a doctor...THEN making the money to pay off student loans, and build a life...she built a life first, and when she went to school, I'm sure she paid cash.

Anyway, that's ONE girl, out of hundreds.

Consider your path very carefully.

I agree with this, be careful what you get yourself in to.
    My personal opinion: stripping should be considered more respectable and it's a good way to make money if you have the body and the confidence for it. Also, I think it could be enjoyable! Try it out, see if you like it! :D