Who can resist eating chips once you already had a few?

Options
I love chips!! It wouldnt be bad if I can just eat a few but I wont be able to resist, and I would the finish the bag! So, in the end I always end up not even having one :( Anyone else have the same problem?

Replies

• aegisprncs
    aegisprncs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I like chips, mostly with salsa. I used to eat a lot more, the whole eating out of the bag while watching TV thing. Now I buy the healthier ones if there is such a hing and count them out and put um in a bowl. Th
  • aegisprncs
    Options
    That's all I allow myself. It helps. Good luck. (Sorry about the double post, I'm on my pad and it does that someti
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Special K cracker crisps. 28 chips for 110 calories! I was able to stop myself at 10 chips last night ;-)
  • sherronh
    sherronh Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    yup! so i stay away from them... unless i go to sub way and get a bag of light chips with my 6 inch sub that way its portioned
  • aegisprncs
    Options
    Sometimes (there it went again!)
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    An open bag is an invitation to eat "just a few more". If you have trouble with this, put the number you want into a bowl; close the bag and put it away before eating.
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I count mine out so I don't eat too many :happy:
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    u bet. chip addict - had chips today. just get the small bags - a SERVING isn't so bad. remember - this is about LIFESTYLE- NOT deprivation.
    If you LIKE chips, have some, just DON'T over-do it and know you have to WORK THEM OFF. so drop & give me 20 push ups!
  • smilingalltheway
    smilingalltheway Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    An open bag is an empty bag...have the same problem with cookies so I don't have any..I don't crave them unless I just have a little taste which never ends up just a little....
  • Alex729
    Alex729 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    At this point, I am not able to stop at just 1, so I just avoid them completely. I'm hoping that one day I'll be able to exercise more self-control and I'll be able to have a few then. But definitely, not now.
  • danahake
    danahake Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    If I count out my serving ahead of time. I will just eat the 15. YOu also will savor them and eat them slower..
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I found the only chips I can limit myself with is great value ripple chips .. I can eat my 1 oz and be happy

any other flavor and I can't stop .. I even tried the lil 100 cal packs of chips back in the day and ate a whole box in 1 day :ohwell:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Hot chips (probably fries to you!) are hard to resist. Once my lovely husband actually ordeedr me a side of "three chips" when I told him I wanted some but only a couple...

If we're talking cold chips (crisps), I tend not to buy them because they are hard to resist, I think it's the saltiness. I've never eaten them very often, so not buying them is not a hardship.
  • JediMaster_intraining
    JediMaster_intraining Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I love chips. Chips and dip. Or chips and salsa. Practically any kind. Don't even get me started on Pringles and Cheetos. I can't just have one! I don't even buy them because I can't resist!

I buy tortilla chips now and occasionally eat potato chips if other people have them at a party or something. But I have to portion them out or else I have a hard time stopping after one serving!
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    i steal a couple from my kids, and never portion myself any, i do the same with mcdonalds' french fries, steal a few out before i hand them over..........
  • BriskisGrl
    BriskisGrl Posts: 461
    Options
    Yes I have a major salt tooth. I could go all year without eating sweets and be perfectly happy. Since starting MFP I purposely buy a bag for the kids in a flavor I do not like and every other pay day I'll buy the Special K Crackers that are sour cream and onion flavor.. 27 chips for 110 calories so I still get a taste now and then.
  • geojeepgirl
    geojeepgirl Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Im with the person who said an open bag is an empty bag. Ive tried portioning out into smaller bags but then I just grab another smaller bag. :blushing: So Im with everyone in I need to totally stay away from it for now. Chips and dip used to be my Friday night dinner while watching my boys on Supernatural.
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I think it's the same people who are eating only 2 tbs of hummus.

I agree with counting out a portion and putting the bag away. I absolutely love Donkey brand tortilla chips, so I make sure I get my 8 chips a few times a week. Best 140 calories I use all day!
  • Motivation
    Motivation Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    If I ever get chips they're usually baked veggie chips :)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i can now. but that's mainly because they are so salty that i can get through too many without feeling like my lips are pruning up.