No fat, protein, or carbs?

Options
Tywana
Tywana Posts: 135 Member
I wonder why some foods I add in my food intake show no carbs, fat or proteins? I had a wendy's bacon cheese burger this afternoon and when I added it to my fitness pal it showed 310 cals but no fat, protein or carbs. My special k snack bars show no carbs as well. Can anyone explain?:noway:

Replies

• vickyclare96
    vickyclare96 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Maybe the person that put in the food didn't know all the nutrition information but knew the cals?
    Vicky :flowerforyou:
  • kelly829
    Options
    it was probably added by a member.
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    i believe some of the data in the data base is incorrect. i would suggest finding another entry with the correct information or adding your own version so you know for sure it is correct.
  • SusieSonshine
    SusieSonshine Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I wonder why some foods I add in my food intake show no carbs, fat or proteins? I had a wendy's bacon cheese burger this afternoon and when I added it to my fitness pal it showed 310 cals but no fat, protein or carbs. My special k snack bars show no carbs as well. Can anyone explain?:noway:

You can look up the nutrition facts on their website (http://www.wendys.com/food/Nutrition.jsp) and then edit the food on MFP.

All the best on your journey!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • jowily
    jowily Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    There are a bunch of wendys bacon cheeseburgers that I saw - and they all had fat and carbs (like 12 and 24...something like that). I am not sure how you found yours...but look up another one that has all the nutrients filled out.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    If there is a little star (*) before the food in the database, it means it was entered by a MFP member and therefore is not official. Although I'd love to think that all of the numbers are accurate, for whatever reason, they're not. The majority are, but it doesn't hurt to double check (and correct) any numbers you're using :flowerforyou:
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Yeah, if something sounds too good to be true it probably is. I had a chocolate chip cookie yesterday and when I tried to enter it I found wildly varying numbers in the DB, from a heart-attack inducing 256 cals for one small cookie to a more reasonable 80 cals. I finally went back to the box (lunchroom at work) and looked it up. Double checking is a good idea.

Sometimes homemade meals can be tricky to enter - I found this helpful:

http://www.dietitians.ca/public/content/eat_well_live_well/english/recipeanalyzer/recipeanalyzer.asp