Pregnancy and MFP

Options
I started using MFP a few months after I found out I was pregnant and I enjoy the tracking and message boards to much to stop! Although I am not currently dieting to lose weight, I am using the tracking tool to try and keep my weight in check for the last 3 months of this pregnancy.
My question is: is there any way to calculate the extra calories I need in pregnancy, and is there a way to adjust that number in my calorie tracker? I want to keep up the habit of logging my foods so after I have my baby I can lose the weight in a sensible amount of time but for now it would be nice to have the tracker reflect my actual calorie needs rather then a weight loss number.
Help?

Replies

• NightySan
    NightySan Posts: 1
    Options
    There is a way to change your MFP goals to gaining weight, but no specific options for pregnancy. Check with your OBGYN to see how much per week you should be gaining, and how much you need to gain over your whole pregnancy. I set my weight gain to 0.5lbs per week, as recommended by my OBGYN, and MFP allows me to track how many calories I need to eat to gain my desired weight. This being said, be absolutely sure to check with a doctor before any kind of diet, gaining or losing weight, as most women can find out exactly how many calories they need from their doctors, and eliminate the need for MFP altogether.