Treadclimber

Options
I just got one last week and finally worked out on it last night. I normally walk on my treadmill for 40 mins. So I walked on that for 40 mins as well. It was so much harder to do then the treadmill. I felt like I got a better workout on the Treadclimber. I would recommend it to others as well.

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I've heard good things about those, good for you!... enjoy it :happy:

~Leash :heart:
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I can believe that! :drinker:

The only cardio machine open last night at the gym was a Stairmaster.
    I was good for only 10 minutes on that bugger!! :bigsmile:

But I did go to spinning & kick boxing so I'm not a total klutz! :bigsmile:

Best of luck to you!!! Work it baby!! :flowerforyou:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Oh, that stairmaster (looks like a small set of stairs?) looks KILLER - I'd LOVE 20 minutes on that baby! I love the ARC trainer at my gym. It behaves much like a stairmaster, but I'm sure the two have their differences.... even at lower settings, the ARCtrainer burns about 150 calories for 15 minutes....
  • shawnsysco
    shawnsysco Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have had my Bowflex treadclimber for 6 months. I love the challenge. It is harder than a treadmill, stairclimber and an eliptical machine. You really feel like you got a great work out and accomplished something. I am currently only on 2 mph for 30 minutes 3 days a week. My goal is to get to 3.5mph, 4 days a weeks for 40 minutes. Keep using it. It is addicting!!!
  • amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I have had my Bowflex treadclimber for 6 months. I love the challenge. It is harder than a treadmill, stairclimber and an eliptical machine. You really feel like you got a great work out and accomplished something. I am currently only on 2 mph for 30 minutes 3 days a week. My goal is to get to 3.5mph, 4 days a weeks for 40 minutes. Keep using it. It is addicting!!!

Yes it is very addicting. I have an issue with the treads moving over on me and rubbing against the plastic. Bowflex tells me it is the way I am walking but it does it even if I turn it on and don't walk on it. I am working on having them fix it.
  • shawnsysco
    Options
    I had the same problem. Check your manual for adjusting the treadles. I had to use the allen wrench key to adjust it correctly. You need to adjust it in the front. I called Bowflex customer service in the beggining and realized I needed to figure this out on my own. What a shame! Such an awesome machine but very very very poor customer service. Hope it works out for you.
  • katznketo
    katznketo Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I was wanting to know more about that machine. Is it very expensive and how did you buy it? Thanks for any info. kc
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    The headquarters for Nautilus, the sellers of the Treadclimber, are located in my area. They have laid off so many people in that office, I am not surprised your customer service experience was not a positive one.

I spent 6 months working for them a few years back and actually SOLD the treadclimber and other equipment. For those who have once and like it, don't let my opinion change that. I don't own a treadclimber or any of their other products, though I could have purchased with an employee discount. I much prefer to walk outdoors, but I know not everyone lives in a place where they can do that, so this type of equipment has its place, for that and other reasons.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I've heard mixed reviews. I think it looks cool. I've been thinking about ProForms Incline Trainer that Jillian Michaels sponsors. Have you heard anything on that?
  • amberc1982
    Options
    I was wanting to know more about that machine. Is it very expensive and how did you buy it? Thanks for any info. kc

I love my treadclimber. I bought mine off of the Bowflex website. They are pretty expensive though. I think the cost has been worth it.
  • amberc1982
    Options
    I had the same problem. Check your manual for adjusting the treadles. I had to use the allen wrench key to adjust it correctly. You need to adjust it in the front. I called Bowflex customer service in the beggining and realized I needed to figure this out on my own. What a shame! Such an awesome machine but very very very poor customer service. Hope it works out for you.

I tried that and it worked. Thank you. Have you had a problem with the machine stopping all of a sudden?
  • shawnsysco
    Options
    I have not experienced the machine stopping. The only thing I can think of is that you did not properley calibrate the machine. This is very easy to do. You can download a pdf manual off the Bowflex website. Good Luck!
  • shawnsysco
    Options
    I purchased my online. I did not save the website. I would reccomend to google for different sites. Mine was on sale, free shipping and no tax. I would highly advise to buy the least inexpensive model- TC1000. The base is exactly the same with all the models.(which is the heart of this machine) You pay more for the other models. The difference is fancy digital features- heart monitor(something I never use). My only complaint is that it is noisy(maybe WD-40 could fix that) but I always workout with my mp3 player and don't really notice it.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I purchased my online. I did not save the website. I would reccomend to google for different sites. Mine was on sale, free shipping and no tax. I would highly advise to buy the least inexpensive model- TC1000. The base is exactly the same with all the models.(which is the heart of this machine) You pay more for the other models. The difference is fancy digital features- heart monitor(something I never use). My only complaint is that it is noisy(maybe WD-40 could fix that) but I always workout with my mp3 player and don't really notice it.

Your statement isn't quite correct. On the model numbers beginning with the #5, the treadles themselves are LONGER to accomodate a longer stride. You are correct that there is a difference between models as far as digital features, however.
  • amberc1982
    Options
    I have not experienced the machine stopping. The only thing I can think of is that you did not properley calibrate the machine. This is very easy to do. You can download a pdf manual off the Bowflex website. Good Luck!

I have the manual. It hasn't done it since I fixed the tread so I'm thinking it was just that.
  • amberc1982
    Options

Yeah I purchased mine online also and got the whole free shipping, free mat and no tax deal. That is one of the reasons I got it at the time that I got it. But I went for the middle model. Over all I think it is a great machine. Just wish that customer service was a little bit more willing to help me out from the beginning.
  • shawnsysco
    Options
    Your comment on the treadles being longer on the #5 has me guessing now. I recieved the 1000 base. Maybe that's how I got a good deal? Thank you- very interesting. i will research this.