stationary bike

I don't often post so I apologize if this question has already come up. I had knee surgery three weeks ago and for the moment can no longer run or do tae bo or anything that is too high impact on my knees. I got myself a stationary bike as the doctor said this would be good for my rehab. My question is about the calories burned counter on the bike. I find that I'll be on it for about an hour or so and at the end it says that I've burned 600 calories or so. Does this seem extremely high to anyone else? Should I subtract some calories and if so, how many when I enter the exercise into this site?

Thanks for the help...

Replies

• holly333
    holly333 Posts: 24 Member
    I don't often post so I apologize if this question has already come up. I had knee surgery three weeks ago and for the moment can no longer run or do tae bo or anything that is too high impact on my knees. I got myself a stationary bike as the doctor said this would be good for my rehab. My question is about the calories burned counter on the bike. I find that I'll be on it for about an hour or so and at the end it says that I've burned 600 calories or so. Does this seem extremely high to anyone else? Should I subtract some calories and if so, how many when I enter the exercise into this site?

Thanks for the help...
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    It all depends on the effort. And your current body weight. Unless you were going all out the whole time, which I'm guessing you weren't due to your injury. . .it seems high to me, too.

This site has many numbers to choose from, if you type in "bicycling" under add an exercise.

Hope that helps.:flowerforyou:
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    It definitely depends on the resistance you're using but that does seem a little hard. I usually do 20 minutes on the bike ... not usually over a level 6 resistance ... sometimes lower and burn about 100 calories.