What to do for my birthday ... Ideas???

Options
kimcat73
kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
Ok, so my birthday is coming up and my friends are hounding me to know what I want to do, where do I want to go, etc. Does anyone have any ideas????

Replies

• heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    wow, well there are a lot of things you can do!

~ does your city have "whirley ball"? its a combo basketball/go carts/wiffle ball. dont worry, people actually drink beer while doing this, its FUN!

~ my pals and i get creative. we have done the above, roller skating, fun dress up parties (80's party for example), wine tastings, bowling (some newer places are actually VERY cool!), concerts, top golf (mostly for the boys, but some of the girls play too), um um um i know i have more!!!

~ we have had fun at cool restaurants too: pf changs, cheesecake factory, different fondue places, if the weather is nice, a big patio and fancy food, etc.

~ if it is just the girls, maybe a spa day?

happy early b-day btw! :drinker:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

do something active :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

don't go out to eat
  • bbear
    bbear Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    If you're worried about going over on calories on your b-day, why don't you plan an activity with friends before your birthday meal? Go for a hike if you're near the mountains like me, or play a round of golf (no cart), roller or ice skating could be fun too. If you work off lots of extra calories beforehand, you will be able to let yourself enduldge a little at the celebration meal (an extra glass of wine, or maybe even cheesecake). Have a great birthday!
  • jojogirl
    jojogirl Posts: 99
    Options
    YOu can make a dinner at home, one that you control the calories, fat etc. THEN go and have a great time...:drinker:
  • RecliningFigure
    RecliningFigure Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    How about Salsa Dancing? Great music, lots of fun, and burns a lot of calories. Most places have classes before the dance floor opens for the general public if you don't know how. Just an idea.
  • kimcat73
    Options
    Thanks for the great ideas....I really like the roller skating one. It's been a while but I used to love that when I was a kid:) It might be tough talking people into it, but hey! It's my birthday :D lol

I'll keep ya'll posted on what's decided, thanks!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great ideas....I really like the roller skating one. It's been a while but I used to love that when I was a kid:) It might be tough talking people into it, but hey! It's my birthday :D lol

I'll keep ya'll posted on what's decided, thanks!

people love roller skating! my pals dress all 80's when they go. its hilarious! :laugh:
  • kimcat73
    Options
    Well, we have decided to go to a friends house on the water for BBQ, campfire, and boat. Should be a good time, I'll try to be good. I'm bringing some carrots and hummus and maybe a watermelon so I have something to eat besides burgers and dogs. I plan on planning ahead as much as possible and working out before leaving. I just have to watch the liquor cuz when I drink, I tend to forget to eat which isn't good either. Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I'll keep them in mind for the next get-together:)