A 6 month plateau?!?!

Options
13»

Replies

• Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    bump. I've been plateaued since March and look forward to reading the advice from others.
  • doggiesnot
    doggiesnot Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Try this book: "Choose to Lose: The 7-day carb cycle solution" by Chris Powell.

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Choose-Lose-7-Day-Cycle-Solution/dp/1401324452/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338989490&sr=8-1

I have not personally read it yet, or followed his eating plan. But supposedly he has studied nutrition and come up with a pattern of eating that breaks the plateau barrier.

Good luck!
  • AnnaVegngal86
    Options
    I completely agree! I go between being "ok" with the number on the scale, to wanting my ugw, which is approx 9 lbs away, on a good day, it's 7 lbs away. gahhh gkgkalkgalkg;akg so frustrating!

when I eat more, depending on what it is, if its alot of carbs or high in sodium, obviously i gain..but if i cook my meals, eat what i want but in smaller portions i generally either stay the same or lose a few lbs. We'll see, lately, I've been eating less because I am stressed about my testing and am just too tired to really put effort into what i am eating.

anyone have any suggestions for a lean muscle building vegan beastress?

<3
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    I lost 50lbs and then was stuck in the mid 240's for 6 months.. finally broke through this week and saw 239!
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Right there with you but if I am honest its my eating. Check your diary, could be what you are eating, maybe underestimating, chanign up to frequent because of being obsessed with the scale. Why dont measure yourself too as you may be loosing inches each month and missing the opportunity to celebrate those NSV.
  • foxbat2828
    foxbat2828 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I've been in one for about a month and a half right now. From what I understand, a couple of things to try include switching up your exercise regimen and going to maintenance level on calories, i.e., going to the level of calories to maintain your CURRENT weight, for a couple of weeks. Not sure if it works or not, but I've started doing both a couple of days ago and so I'll get to see if it does or not. So far, in the couple of days of doing it, my weight hasn't increased and I'm having a blast with the extra calories ... having an extra 400-500 calories a day makes tracking/planning a little easier.
  • secretsof2113
    Options
    Thank you guys for the suggestions so far! I'm considering busting out the 17 day diet again to see if maybe that will boost me for a while.

As far as my drinks go? I'm strictly a water drinker. I never record it because I tend to drink so much of it. I'll start recording it also just for peace of mind.

I'll have to start mixing things up a bit to see if that eases me over this darn thing.
  • entropy83
    entropy83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Well, I will stop whining about my two month plateau :embarassed: I am going to say this and others may freak out on me but I am doing a colon cleanse and focusing on water right now. I am taking psyllium husks 1 tbsp morning and night with crap load of water. I also am doing a barley grass drink to get some extra enzymes in the body and support my liver in detoxing. That's right I said I am drinking a green food drink to detox which people constantly mock but whateva.:devil:. I am also working on getting the junk out of my diet because in reality it is crappy with sporadic healthy choices. I have tried upping the calories and still holding. I have to admit that I can't keep eating fried stuff even within the range and be really surprised I'm not losing:grumble: . I have metabolic issues and severe food allergies so the cleaner diet is not optional even though I've been trying to hop on the calories in and calories out bandwagon. Everyone does not have the same system. Good luck:smile:

Are you doing this with the assistance of your doctor? If not, bad idea, and please do not preach this as an option to others. What you are doing is dangerous and careless if unassisted and I know you were expecting to hear that. This is just going to worsen your metabolic issues...

Psyllium is just a form of fiber like metamucil, there are no stimulants of any sort involved. Barley grass is just a powdered green food drink similar to wheat grass. I wasn't expecting to hear negative feedback. I actually was just referring how people often mock "cleansing." I don't think you familiar with the products I am referring to if you think fiber and powdered vegetable juice require a physician's assistance. I think your advice is unwarranted and hastily given.