Feeling so hungry right now, I feel nauseated!

Options
jonesyx6
jonesyx6 Posts: 46 Member
I went over my calories by 97, but exercised so now have a surplus of 400+, I certainly don't want to eat that much, but I am SO hungry right now I actually feel a little sick (I don't know how to explain it...not sick that I don't want to eat, but sick that I need to eat something!)

suggestions?

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    If you have exercised and burnt 400 calories then you have 400 calories more that you should eat to get to the recommended daily calorie allowance to keep your body happy and healthy.

That's if you are using MFP to calculate your calories. It doesn't account for exercise when you work out your base calorie allowance, they get added in when you do the exercise.

(Every other calorie calculator tells you to eat more if you are more active, MFP is no different it just uses a different method to get to the same end result.)

It's crazy to be feeling sick from hunger but not eat something! You don't have to eat every single calorie but eat a little more and see how you feel.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Eat something.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I went over my calories by 97, but exercised so now have a surplus of 400+, I certainly don't want to eat that much, but I am SO hungry right now I actually feel a little sick (I don't know how to explain it...not sick that I don't want to eat, but sick that I need to eat something!)

suggestions?

You have a surplus of 400. Eat something!!! A slice of toast with peanut butter maybe? I personally would find a way to eat all 400 of those bad boys...
  • Irvika
    Irvika Posts: 11
    Options
    I always have some metamucil coarse fiber so I eat two servings if I feel really hungry. Knowing that it will be good for my intestines help me not feel bad eating!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I always have some metamucil coarse fiber so I eat two servings if I feel really hungry. Knowing that it will be good for my intestines help me not feel bad eating!

You're taking this instead of eating?
    Wow, that sounds a little scary to me - food isn't bad, calories aren't bad, they keep you alive!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    veggies & hummus, cottage cheese, cracker & PB or cheese, slice of deli turkey ....... eat something ..... especially if you are exercising .....

feel better .....
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    simple solution to that....eat something. Your body obviously needs it.
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Plain crackers or dry toast and a cup of tea to get you started. Just like 'morning sickness' when you are feeling sick because you need food.

Once you keep the bland stuff down, you should be able to manage something more substantial. Eat at least 200.
  • WRachelJones
    Options
    Your body is letting you know that you need something. You are feeling ill because your body needs them, not wants them.
  • laurynmcl
    laurynmcl Posts: 13
    Options
    You need to eat. Your body is telling you that you need to eat fuel. That means protein - greek yoghurt with fruit, almond or peanut butter with whole grain bread or crackers. Veggies or fruit and some hummus or low fat cheese, chicken, boiled eggs. Stay away form the metamucil - it is not food and can actually cause very serious health problems if used as a weight loss tool. Get some real, healthy food into your body.
  • Melonhead
    Melonhead Posts: 168
    Options
    Eat some fruit or yogurt. You burned 400 calories by exercising. That's awesome! You earned a snack and your body is telling you it needs it.
  • mamo1014
    mamo1014 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi there, my name is Sandy. I know exactly how you feel. Do you have anything sugar-free in your pantry? How about fruit? If anything, eat some cereal and maybe that will help you with that sick feeling. After the hard work you have done today, you don't want to sabatoge yourself. Good luck and don't give up! :wink:
  • holliph
    holliph Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    EAT! high fiber & protein!

wheat toast/muffin with peanut butter or almond butter!
    grab a banana
    eat some almonds/walnuts
    drink some water too!
    it is like everyone said you worked off calories and your body needs more fuel to continue to work on burning off the reserves you have stored up from previously.
    You will find that over the course of time, your body will become well adjusted to the 5 meal a day plan.
    Think of it as your 3 typical meals and 2 super healthy snacks midway between breakfast/lunch & lunch/dinner

I personally tried to eat/drink every four hours. (my day starts at 6am with a 40 minute to 1 hour run with my dogs)
    I spend one day a week preparing my quick snacks. That is I peel my veggies & wash my fruit then slice, dice & package them in either zip bags or containers & put them in the fridge. After a very strenuous workout I don't have to worry about scrambling for a snack, I know I have several different choices to choose from, and they are all well within my calorie budget for the day!

I hope this helps you out!
  • _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Some of the questions people post on here are quite comical.