Eating 3 meals a day or 6???

Options
2»

Replies

• FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    3 meals a day is for dinosaurs you need snacks- I go for 5 times a day

Call me dinosaurus losing weightus! 2/3 of the way to goal!

LOL - dinosaurs ruled the earth for millions of years! Maybe they knew something...

I'll go along with the majority vote - I eat about 5 times a day. The morning snack often gets skipped because of never-ending meetings. Sometimes I feel like I'm living in a Dilbert Cartoon :explode:
  • Jaymie
    Jaymie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Id like to be able to do 6 small meals or eat regularly.. but working full time (long hours also) means I just dont get the chance. So I just have breakfast, lunch, a snack at 4 and then dinner at 7.

I try not to go longer than 4 hours without food. So I always have an apple or a banana in my hand bag just in case i get stuck.

You do eventually get into a routine.. just make sure your not going too long without food. have to keep the the furnace burning away!!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    On the other hand, 3 doesn't seem to be enough. I eat breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner, not necessarily in that order but I do try to eat at the same time each day unless I am truly not hungry. Each meal is about 4 hours apart. If I didn't eat enough calories during the day I will have an after dinner snack too but I usually stick to 4 a day.

When I read Jillian Michaels' Master Your Metabolism, this is what she suggested.
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    In addition to eating 5-6 meals/ snacks per day, try to eat a balanced blend of carb/ protein/ fat at each meal. The body will respond in a positive way to a steady stream of nutrients. It works for me!
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    In addition to eating 5-6 meals/ snacks per day, try to eat a balanced blend of carb/ protein/ fat at each meal. The body will respond in a positive way to a steady stream of nutrients. It works for me!
    good point! i dont think anyone mentioned that balance is key to the 5-6 meals/snacks/snack meals a day :flowerforyou: