18 months and 99 pounds later (with pics) :-)

Options
I've been overweight pretty much my entire life. I finally tipped the scales at 240 pounds and at 5'-4" my BMI was 40 making me morbidly obese! In January 2011 I decided to stop making excuses for myself and joined WW to help me get back on track. WW was very helpful because it was a real rude awakening considering portion sizes and carbs. I slowly introduced exercise by first walking then using the elliptical and then biking (which I love love love). It wasn't until August 2011 that I joined a gym, got a personal trainer and was introduced to strength training. Fast forward to February 2012 I started heavy lifting (which I love love love). The more research I did about healthy living and eating clean, I knew I needed to "graduate" from WW to take more control into what I was eating. My sister introduced me to MFP at Easter time and it is everything WW is not (mobile app kicks butt, awesome community, etc.) I switched over and started learning about BMR and TDEE. I found that I just wasn't eating enough for my activity level. I used several online calculators to figure out that calories I should be eating and increased my calories accordingly. I feel great and I have tons of energy for my workouts and daily activities!

My transformation is not complete yet. I reached my original goal of being a healthy BMI. But now I want to work on body fat % and fine-tuning my body. Here are some before and current pictures:

6696_216097840111_671160111_7749062_3283930_n.jpg

564318_3711933249814_1236659937_n.jpg

beforeandafter1.jpg

(this is my first time posting pictures in a thread, so if I screwed this up, feel free to fix it - thanks!)

Replies

• OpenHeaven
    OpenHeaven Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to fix the pics, but WOWWWW!!!!! You look AMAZING!!!!! Yay for you!!! :smile: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :smile:
  • melissachipman123
    Options
    Oh my god! Good job girl! You have done amazing!
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    amazing! You look fabulous!
  • JackieLM
    JackieLM Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Amazing job... You have done so well! keep up the great work! for toning try 30 ds or P90x... P90x is amazing but tough. You have motivated me to get back in the groove. I have had serious lack of motivation... and been sabotaging myself. Today it stops... tomorrow is a new day.

Keep rocking girl!
  • rbjd2004
    rbjd2004 Posts: 51
    Options
    Good job! You should be so proud!
  • shellsrenee01
    shellsrenee01 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!! :bigsmile:
  • tngfordisney
    tngfordisney Posts: 115
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration. You look great.
  • NKolhar
    NKolhar Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    oh WOW u look amazing !!
  • kris4chloe
    kris4chloe Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    amazing job!
  • kalkat
    kalkat Posts: 48
    Options
    WOW!!!! You look great.
  • bellaitalia603
    bellaitalia603 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    great job!!!
  • iemanja
    iemanja Posts: 3
    Options
    good for you girl... in every aspect!!!
  • mycrayons
    mycrayons Posts: 10
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • Cuddlebug12
    Cuddlebug12 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats and keep up the great work
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    You are a whole different person!!!
  • ElizabethJ17
    ElizabethJ17 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing. Congrats on your wonderful weight loss!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Not only a fabulous transformation but you've really taken time to educate yourself, very impressed with that!!! :happy:
  • Uglyduckling2swan
    Options
    Wow...you look GREAT!! Congratulations
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,013 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS you look amazing, you should be proud of all your hard work
  • kgeldreich
    kgeldreich Posts: 73
    Options
    Fantastic transformation!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!