Why I hate being FAT

Options
I hate being fat because when i try on clothes it sooo hard to find something that fit.
I hate being fat because it stopping me from having kids.
I hate being fat because of the look i get when i out and about.
I hate being fat because i cant travel the way i use too.

Keep it going so you can have the motivation to conttinue your weight lose!!

Replies

• Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I hate being fat because it takes so much extra effort to do things.
    I hate being fat because of the way other people percieve me.
    I hate being fat...................................................................
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I love that I know what I need to do to make my life experience better and I love that I have the willpower to do it.
    I love that I am a strong and intelligent person capable of changing my life as I see fit.
    I love that I can admit my mistakes and take decisive action to undo them.
    I love that I can see and feel the positive changes that I've made so far and I have so much to look forward to.
    I love this journey, and what it has taught me about myself, society, and empathy.
    I love how powerful it feels to take control of my own life so completely.

I love myself today, I loved myself yesterday, and I will love myself tomorrow.
    No amount of weight will change that, because I can change any amount of weight.

I hope you don't mind the thread jack; I just wanted to remind you all that you're all brave, beautiful, and powerful people and you don't need to hate yourself to achieve your goals. :flowerforyou:
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I hate being fat because I can't wear clothes properly that fit me :(
    I hate being fat because when everyone else is thin around me, they complain about being fat. HELLO!!?
  • luhluhlaura
    luhluhlaura Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I hate this bad self-talk;
    but I love that you're all here to find the motivation to change yourselves for the better.
    Myself included.

the problem with THIS kind of motivation is that the self-hate doesn't go away once you're skinny.
    I used to fantasize about how much better life would be, and how much more I would like myself, if I could just weigh 145 pounds...
    I now weigh 140, and I still hate my body.
    I still have problems finding clothes that look/fit right, I still feel uncomfortable in my own skin, and I still feel like I'm fat.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I love being fat because I'm squishy.
    I love being fat because it caused me to find fat acceptance and thus discover self-love instead of self-loathing.
    I love being fat because my fat body is sexy.
    I love being fat because I can better fight sizeism since simply existing in my body is an act of rebellion.
    I love being fat because I love myself just the way I am.

I don't hate being fat.
    I hate society's anti-fat bias and sizeism.
  • Cheshire_Kat
    Cheshire_Kat Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I don't hate being fat.

^^^^ This.
  • deesaf
    deesaf Posts: 46
    Options
    Fully agree that society's view on size is warped, but I like to think that most of us are trying to lose weight not because of this, but mainly for health reasons.
    Also people take their motivation in different forms. Some people need to think about what they hated about their previous selves, and others need to focus on the positives now. I don't think it is fair for anyone to say which is wrong or which is right, it depends on what works for each individual.

At SW I hated when I would get chafing between my thighs when I walked.
    At CW I love that when I lie down on my back, my boobs don't try to strangle me anymore.
    At GW I am going to love how clothes in stores will look similar on me as they do on mannequins.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I hated being fat as I got out of breath putting my shoes on and shaving my legs.

However, I love the fact it's a problem that's easy to solve using MFP and makes a huge difference to my health and ability to do everything, not just put on shoes!
  • gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    You are not fat, you HAVE fat, that you're getting rid of.

Don't let your weight define who you are.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I hated being fat because I had to buy bigger clothes and nothing fit

I hated being fat because since I'm so tall, it didn't actually look like I was fat... even though I was.

I hated being fat because my stomach stuck out and made me look six months pregnant.

Now that I'm not fat anymore, I love shopping again and love the way I look... and I wouldn't trade it for anything :)
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I hated being fat because my rolls of fat would sweat, not just in summer, but when it was vaguely warm, or I walked a block.

I hated being fat because clothes wouldn't fit (and it's bad enough them not fitting because you're 6'1.5", but add to that a bunch of fat, and shop assistants trying to squeeze you into clothes that won't fit because you don't LOOK so bad because of your height, and it's horrible).

I hated being fat because I would puff and pant at the slightest exertion.

BUT!

I love that being fat taught me about nutrition and fitness and how to best look after my body when the time came to change.

I love that being fat gave me new respect for my body as a machine; as an asset.

I love that being fat taught me how determined and strong and capable I actually am.
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I hate being fat because everything hurts
    I hate being fat because I worry that I will die too soon

I hate that everyone thinks this is negative. This is what motivates some of us, hating being fat!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • BetterWithAge
    Options
    When at my heaviest, I hated beig fat because I had high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and was at risk for diabetes
    When at my heaviest, I hated beig fat because I could not tie my shoes without getting ot of breath. Bending over cut off my air supply.
    When at my heaviest, I hated being fat because I could only shop at Lane Bryant

At my current weight, I love that my blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugars are normal
    At my current weight, I love that I can tie my shoes without feeling that I might pass out
    At my current weight, I love that I can shop at most stores

When I reach my goal weight, I want to love that I am healthier than I was in my 20's
    When I reach my goal weight, I want to love that i can wear whatever shoes that I want
    When I reach my goal weight, I want to feel comfortable in my clothes and in my own skin

I am halfway there
  • GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I hated being fat because people would bully me.
    I could never buy clothes that I was able to look good in.
    People would want to be my friend, but never anything more than that.
    My boyfriend never told me I was beautiful, because I wasn't.
    I couldn't even walk up the stairs without getting out of breath.
    I sweated embarrassingly in the summer, and when my family had the heating on in the winter.
    The few times I chose to wear a dress, people would laugh at me.
    People thought they could make jokes about my weight without it bothering me- or without caring that it did.

BUT..

I've completely turned that around now, and everyone else who hates being fat can almost certainly do the same! Just don't worry about it at all! You have the power to take control of your own life, and lose the weight that you wish to. Stop worrying, and start changing your life :-).
  • Finally22
    Finally22 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I love that I know what I need to do to make my life experience better and I love that I have the willpower to do it.
    I love that I am a strong and intelligent person capable of changing my life as I see fit.
    I love that I can admit my mistakes and take decisive action to undo them.
    I love that I can see and feel the positive changes that I've made so far and I have so much to look forward to.
    I love this journey, and what it has taught me about myself, society, and empathy.
    I love how powerful it feels to take control of my own life so completely.

I love myself today, I loved myself yesterday, and I will love myself tomorrow.
    No amount of weight will change that, because I can change any amount of weight.

I hope you don't mind the thread jack; I just wanted to remind you all that you're all brave, beautiful, and powerful people and you don't need to hate yourself to achieve your goals. :flowerforyou:

:smile:
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I hate this bad self-talk;
    but I love that you're all here to find the motivation to change yourselves for the better.
    Myself included.

the problem with THIS kind of motivation is that the self-hate doesn't go away once you're skinny.
    I used to fantasize about how much better life would be, and how much more I would like myself, if I could just weigh 145 pounds...
    I now weigh 140, and I still hate my body.
    I still have problems finding clothes that look/fit right, I still feel uncomfortable in my own skin, and I still feel like I'm fat.

But I dont hate myself. I hate being fat. I dont mind the way I look, but I do hate the other aspects of being fat. The pain, the clothes that dont fit and the health concerns. Also, the freedom to enjoy exercise (oh yeah, and better s*x).
  • JSchlage
    JSchlage Posts: 1
    Options
    I hate being fat because I don't even feel good enough for my boyfriend or for anyone.
    I hate being fat because I felt uncomfortable going out swimming, even with my family.
    I hate being fat because watching all the gorgeous skinny girls out there made me feel even more self conscious than I already am.
    I hate being fat because I feel like the "fat friend."
    I hate being fat because I feel so self conscious all the time, I feel like everyone's judging me, I feel repulsive.

But honestly, I love that something FINALLY has motivated me to change my ways and start eating healthier, and I love how confident I feel when I can fit into those jeans that were always too tight. Even if the negativity is the thing pushing me to become a skinnier, healthier and happier person, it's what I needed.
  • xchinad0ll
    xchinad0ll Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I love being fat because it caused me to find fat acceptance and thus discover self-love instead of self-loathing.
    I love being fat because I can better fight sizeism since simply existing in my body is an act of rebellion.

I don't hate being fat.

Why are you trying to lose weight then?
  • Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    You are not fat, you HAVE fat, that you're getting rid of.

Don't let your weight define who you are.

^^^THIS!!!!!!!!!!
  • Sneakypeek1972
    Options

I don't hate being fat.

i agree with alot of that, but i dont enjoy being fat deep down, and i think no1 does x :)