HUGE NSV!

Options
gogojodee
gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
So I've returned to running again - couldn't for about a week due to RX issues. Another story completely but whatever...

On my run tonight past dusk I ran a good 2 solid miles with my tank top up and lifted, tucked under my sports bra. I was comfy, physically and mentally - I didn't think I'd be as mentally comfortable considering I still have 50 lbs to lose haha but I did it! For me it was a huge thing, I never thought I'd be one of "those girls" who ran with their midriff showing and exposed. I ran on a one way street near the sheriff's office and 3 officers saw me ran by, I even think they stared! Haha. Made me pretty happy and excited! I still have a belly and love handles, but I ran proudly!! Yay!!!

Replies

• BookofJenny
    BookofJenny Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is amazing that you now have the confidence to do that - it is one of my own goals to be able to run like that, but still have a long way to go lol congratulations:)
  • vtate75
    vtate75 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    That is awesome & really inspiring. I live in South Carolina where it is very hot in summer, so I know I'm going to have to start running in the sports bra soon, but I'm not excited about it. Good for you for having the courage.
  • brickhouse76
    brickhouse76 Posts: 146
    Options
    LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    This is a HUGE NSV for sure!!!! It is a mental battle sometimes and I'm so glad you were able to be comfortable and just run like that :) You are an inspiration to us all! :)
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Its an amazing thing to be comfortable in your own skin. Congrats on the NSV!!!
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    That is a huge NSV!!! Great for you i'm scared to death to even be in a swimsuit around my friends when we are all together but with the bikini run we are doing in August i better get over it!!! Have a great day!
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! They probably did stare because they were probably wishing their wives get themselves up and run! MOTIVATION: You're doing it!
  • LorryGuthrie
    LorryGuthrie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Love this post!!! That is a huge NSV!!!! :D
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! It felt so good to be so comfortable for once in my life knowing I still have work to do, but I still did it anyway! Definitely a day to remember and a moment of motivation!!
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Haha! I absolutely adore you and your confidence. Great NSV!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!