Weight lifting

Options
2»

Replies

• mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    a few reps with correct form is better than 3 sets done in bad form.
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I've been told, if you want to tone and not build, then increase the reps.

you will not build any muscle on a calorie deficit, so if you are on a deficit don't worry about it
  • mrsyac2
    Options

you will not build any muscle on a calorie deficit, so if you are on a deficit don't worry about it

that is not true at all- you can cut weight and build muscle.

I am on a deficit and I hit the weights hard and My muscles are building pretty good but I am not getting bulky either
  • Fieldsy
    Options

that is not true at all- you can cut weight and build muscle.

I am on a deficit and I hit the weights hard and My muscles are building pretty good but I am not getting bulky either

Sometimes it appears as if someone is both building muscle and burning fat at the same time because:

A) When they lose fat their muscles are more clearly defined, making it APPEAR as if they've grown.

or

B) Just dumb luck. They happened to eat less than or more than maintenance without consciously seeking out to do so, so they built some muscle/burned some fat..

Fact: You must be at a calorie deficit to burn fat.

Fact: You must be at a calorie surplus to gain muscle (or fat for that matter).

Common Sense: You cannot be at a surplus and a deficit on the same day.
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    Okay let me correct myself then- You can maintain muscle mass while cutting fat at the same time.
  • Fieldsy
    Options
    Okay let me correct myself then- You can maintain muscle mass while cutting fat at the same time.

I agree, the more protein and work you give your muscles the better