HRM: Any Polar FT7 and Suunto users??

Options
I am going to get my first ever heart rate monitor today and I am INCREDIBLY excited!! However, I am stuck in between two choices. The Polar FT7 and the Suunto M2. I know that Polar is a relatively reputable brand as many MFP-ers use it but I've heard that Suunto is a pretty good (direct competitor of polar) brand as well.

Any Polar and Suunto users out there???

Replies

• Bluemountain22
    Bluemountain22 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I was stuck between the suunto m4 and polar ft40, I ended up getting the polar only because it was cheaper. Someone at work has the suunto m2 and m4 and the watch interface is simpler and the watch itself is really cute.

I don't think you'll regret either hrm, the chest strap on the suunto is slightly more comfy and the screen easier the read but the watch face itself is quite large if you have a small wrist. I really do lovely my polar, but I do Think the suunto watch design is more stylish.

Hope that helps!
  • beautifulblac84
    Options
    Im a Polar Ft7 user and I love it. It comes with a chest strap as well. Im not crazy about the color which is black and gold but that is the only color Ive seen that particular model as. Overall, its a great buy because it gives a pretty precise calories burned count, it shows you your target heart rate zone and the point of which you are burning fat, which in turn makes you work out harder. Its very easy to use once you read through the instruction manual.
  • shae_jo
    shae_jo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congrats on choosing to buy a HRM! My workout has never been better with this beaut! I use Polar FT7 (decided to get the black and red one though apparently they are for male users but they looked the best from the lot). It is super easy to use and it is the most accurate way of tracking your exercise calories.

Before I was using FT7, I was relying on gym equipment's calorie count and those were inaccurate! I realised I was burning way more with the HRM. FT7 is also water resistant so you can wear them whilst swimming. It also saves up to 99 workout calories so you can track and compare your performance over a week / month.

Have fun with your HRM, whatever brand it may be! =)
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT7
  • kobashi
    kobashi Posts: 164
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 and it's awesome. The HRM makes you work way harder in workouts and gives you a much more realistic count of calories. I work so much harder to stay in range and have ended up burning twice the calories I used to in the same time.

You will not regret it and the FT7 is great if you like to track prior work outs, etc. If you don't need that just get an FT40 or even FT1.
  • dawten
    dawten Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cndslee
    cndslee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar PF7 and LOVE IT! Use it all the time. Really helps to get an accurate count of calories burned! Congrats on making the decision to get a HRM.... best thing I have done for my weight loss!