Heart Rate Monitors

Options
I am going to get my first ever heart rate monitor today and I am INCREDIBLY excited!! However, I am stuck in between two choices. The Polar FT7 and the Suunto M2. I know that Polar is a relatively reputable brand as many MFP-ers use it but I've heard that Suunto is a pretty good (direct competitor of polar) brand as well.

Any Polar and Suunto users out there???

Replies

• ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I have the polar ft7, actually, and I really like it! It's super simple to use and I don't feel the chest strap at all when I'm working out which was important to me.
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I would go Polar. I've had several and every time I get a new one, it's because I won a better model. My very first one that I got in 2005 still works just fine as do the rest.
  • jmeddows87
    jmeddows87 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I bought my Polar FT40 yesterday, used it at the gym and absolutely love it. Very easy to use and well worth the money. Although I havent ever used a Suunto one, I would definately recommend Polar.
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    I have the polar FT4 and can't believe I didn't pick one up earlier. I have no experience with the other brand, but the Polar is simple to use.