FOR THOSE WHO THINK THEY'RE FAT & UGLY....

Options
Then guess what, losing weight will not change everything & even worse we may find losing weight as more like an obligation or a chore. If you think you're fat & ugly now that you're overweight then when you lose the weight, you'll still think the same. What you're thinking is a reflection of your mentality. Yesterday I came across a post asking about people who started out being overweight but happy & confident. While I'm happy to see some positive responses, I also see some posts & even threads by some people who seem to think being fat equals being ugly or that they hate being fat because of some things which makes me sad. Do you think when you lose the weight, you will suddenly be different? Not unless we change our attitude. Have you ever wonder why there are some people who despite reaching their goals are still unhappy with themselves?

For us to be able to succeed in this journey is to first love ourselves including our flaws & size. When we love ourselves, we will accept our uniqueness & that there is no such thing as ideal body. When we love ourselves, we won't think of losing weight as the solution to look better. Instead we think of losing weight as one way to take care of ourselves. When we love ourselves, we won't let ourselves starve our way just to fit in the media's ideal standard of beauty. Finally, when we love ourselves, we will face this journey with more confidence & optimism instead of becoming pessimistic when the scale doesn't show-up the way we want.

While we all have aesthetic goals to mind but let us remember that we are doing this for our health & that looking good in a bikini or fitting into smaller size clothes is just an added bonus. WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL (OR HANDSOME IF YOU'RE A GUY) NO MATTER WHAT OUR SIZE IS.

Replies

• D446
    D446 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I like this post, and I think it's very true. But what I want to know is, how do you go from thinking you are far and ugly to thinking you are beautiful? Obviously you need to change your mindset and thought patterns, but how is this accomplished?
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    By being positive with ourselves & that being beautiful & sexy is not just by having a slim body. Confidence & positive attitude are what makes a person beautiful & sexy especially to guys (or vice versa)

If you feel ugly, look in the mirror, smile & tell yourself that "I'm sexy & beautiful".
  • D446
    D446 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I just don't really understand how that actually works though. If I do that, I feel like I am just lying to myself in the mirror. I think the most important thing is to put your self worth based on how you are on the inside rather the outside. Maybe taking time to think about the things you have done for other people and think of your good qualities. My self esteem has been terribly low lately, I think I will do this :)