Happy National Running Day!!!

Options
To all my fellow MFP runners, whether it's a 6 minute or 14 minute mile, whether its 1 mile or 26.2...you are a runner and part of something that I know has changed my life for the better in many ways! On National Running Day, the question is asked: Why do you run?

I run because it provides me a chance to get away from the stresses of life. It has improved my self confidence and ability to believe in myself that I can do anything because through running I have done many things I never thought possible. It has also brought me to so many wonderful friends and has helped me achieve many goals, physical and emotional.

I love to run...why do YOU run?

Replies

• BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Oh dear, it's my non-national rest day! I must have a quick jog to the shops at lunch time.

I run because it makes me awesome.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Running is my daily anti-depressant. It's much cheaper than therapy!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Happy national running day... did a very early morning 5.5 mile run today.
  • sgmomma
    sgmomma Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I run because it's my me time. It makes me feel AWESOME! I may only get in a mile today :( but its better than nothing!
  • kellybean14
    kellybean14 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Yay! Happy Running Day!

I run because it makes me feel empowered, rejuvenated and calmer. It's also a pretty incredible feeling to know that I can call myself a "runner!"
  • librislady
    librislady Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    It's fantastic stress-relief to have a good run and stretch after work, and I love that I can run pretty much anywhere as long as I bring my shoes!

Today is 4 miles, and I'm training for a half marathon in October. Runrunrun! :D