1200 kcal and maintaining

Options
Hey fellow MFPs :)

I have the following problem: I weigh about 129 lbs and would like to go down to about 120. According to MFP I am allowed to eat 1200 kcal a day. I do excercise (cycling, 2 times a week) and usually eat most of my exercise calories back. I also drink enough.

However, I am not losing weight at all. I am also never hungry. I feel more like I am in maintaining mode which is a bit depressing because I fear that I will gain weight if I eat more than 1200. It has been like that for about 4 months now. Do you have any suggestions? What could I do wrong?

Thank you for your help and keep up the good work! I am amazed by your spirit and motivation :)!

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    How tall & what age are you ?

Are you eating the 1200 + exercise with accurate reporting.
  • AspireXX
    AspireXX Posts: 10
    Options
    Hey - sorry forgot to tell you that. I am 22 and my height is 1.66 m or (according to an internet converter) 5.4 feet.
    I log everything and yes.
  • gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    1.66m is more like 5'5 and a half.

As for why you're not losing; you've plateaued. Your body has become used to eating the same low amount of calories every day, and thus has altered itself to run on that amount.

The easiest way to break a plateau is to up your intake and cycle your calories. As in, one day eat 1400, the next day eat 1800, the next day eat 1600, and repeat.
  • AspireXX
    AspireXX Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks for your advice! Do I need to exercise when doing this or not?
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your advice! Do I need to exercise when doing this or not?

Yes. Change up your exercise too and increase the intensity.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    You may want to try eating back only 1/2 your exercise calories or some days even none at all if it is a light exercise day. You may just be eating at maintenance depending on how much you are eating back.