Saving Calories?

Options
Does anyone ever save calories? I had a really bad day yesterday, 2 sick kids, a returned dog that my husband hates, and lack of sleep from it all. So I didn't get dinner. I just couldn't eat. The first chance I got was at 9 pm and I was soooo tired I just wanted to go to bed. Just thought I could use them as a treat for "date night" or something. Or should I just forget about them? Any thoughts? Oh and does any body want a dog? Just kidding...

Replies

• kbd388
    kbd388 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    this is a really good question, I'm interested in the answers. It seems kind of like what WW does with using the flex points, and then at the end of the week you lose them if you don't use them.
  • ChelseaM18
    ChelseaM18 Posts: 303
    Options
    I do sometimes when I know i'm gonna be drinking that night or whatever, think it's just a personal preference to it!
  • izziblem
    izziblem Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Did you earn them from exercise or were they just your daliy allowance? if they were just daily allowance then forget about them and carry on as normal. If they were exercise I would say you could use them within a week of earning them.
  • cls_333
    cls_333 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I sometimes "save" them from one day (if I have lots of exercise) to use on a "rest" day. I'd keep the dog, get rid of the man...but that's just me.
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I'm a zig zagger so I do this quite frequently.I plan my cals around my social life . I never take cheat days and stay within X amount but nights out are always higher cal & carb!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Does anyone ever save calories? I had a really bad day yesterday, 2 sick kids, a returned dog that my husband hates, and lack of sleep from it all. So I didn't get dinner. I just couldn't eat. The first chance I got was at 9 pm and I was soooo tired I just wanted to go to bed. Just thought I could use them as a treat for "date night" or something. Or should I just forget about them? Any thoughts? Oh and does any body want a dog? Just kidding...

Looks like you are adopting an unconscious form of calorie cycling ;) Your body doesn't have an arbitrary daily cut off point ~ its a continuum. Lots of people look at their overall deficits on a weekly rather than daily basis.

Obviously you want to avoid going to extremes with this (starving and then binging) as that puts unnecessary stress on the body. Other than that knock yourself out!
  • Classyandra
    Classyandra Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    cls_333
    I sometimes "save" them from one day (if I have lots of exercise) to use on a "rest" day. I'd keep the dog, get rid of the man...but that's just me.

Well, you can have her lol I'm keeping my husband! He is a wonderful husband and father. Lola (the dog) has made everything so much more difficult, and has changed my dad's mind about "no dog being untrainable". I tried to find her a more suitable home but she would only fit with a single lady that does not like having any company! Maybe I can get a hold of a dog whisperer!