Time to get my head in the game!

Options
The last two weeks I've had some pretty serious stress issues. I have gained 6 pounds thanks to my emotional eating. Each Monday I've woken up and said, "This is going to be my week!", but I quickly gave up. I finally feel like I am ready to put the effort in again. It is time for me to get back in the game! I'm not a quitter...at least not forever. I always find a way to get back on the ball and now is the time. My husband's birthday is April Fool's Day. My new weight loss goal is 15 pounds by then. That will make me lighter than I've been in 7 years! I am recommitted to a happier, healthier me! :happy:

Replies

• debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    The last two weeks I've had some pretty serious stress issues. I have gained 6 pounds thanks to my emotional eating. Each Monday I've woken up and said, "This is going to be my week!", but I quickly gave up. I finally feel like I am ready to put the effort in again. It is time for me to get back in the game! I'm not a quitter...at least not forever. I always find a way to get back on the ball and now is the time. My husband's birthday is April Fool's Day. My new weight loss goal is 15 pounds by then. That will make me lighter than I've been in 7 years! I am recommitted to a happier, healthier me! :happy:
  • happygrumpalump
    happygrumpalump Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm an emotional eatter too. When I feel the lowest and crave food to make me feel better, I come to the message board to see how well others are doing. It keeps me away from the kitchen and gives me motivation when I see that others are doing great and my will to succeed outweighs the need for comfort food.

You can do this! I checked your profile and you are doing great! You worked hard for your weight loss so far. As hard as it is, try to find something distracting or motivating to stay away from the comfort food.

You CAN do this!
  • NurseBarb
    NurseBarb Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    You really can do this!!! Don't try to be too restrictive that's a setup for failure almost every time.
    Visualize yourself at the weight you want to be in an outift that you would love. I do it all the time.

It may sound silly but my dream outfit is a very small pair of jeans (compared to what I wear now), with my lugz boots and a pink henley (tucked in of course!!!). My hair gleaming in the sunlight and just enough jewlery on to look feminine but not gaudy.

Can you visualize yourself in something cute or pretty or sexy?
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Thank you, it's nice to know you're not the only one. I too have had a really stressfull month and packed in the food and on came the pounds and I woke up today and said today is the day that I start taking care of me again. I have to figure out how to break this cycle so I can complete my weight loss and maintain it.

Here we go...
  • lifesaver
    Options
    hey, I went through the same thing and I think I'm ready to get serious again! Power to you!