Body like Jessica Biel- Tips

mrsyac2
mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
This girls body is rocking- very muscular and fit. Here are some tips from her trainer

Jessica Biel: 10 Workout Tips
by J. Foster

Us magazine recently talked to Jessica Biel's personal trainer Jason Walsh to garner some workout tips.

I list these here not so you can try and be Jessica Biel - but because the advice is very interesting.

Note: points 6-10 are from Jerry Owens (personal trainer of Rachel McAdams). Emphasis added.

Mix it up

"I'm a big advocate of recreational sports and stuff. If someone can get out there, even if it's a hike or something like that, just to break up the monotony of going to the gym...I really like that."

Full body exercises

"We do full body movements. You are pretty much using as many muscles at once, which in turn will jack that heart rate up."

Food choices

"really organic and clean foods, all natural, like nuts." Also, "an amino acid drink, so that you're not burning up a lot of your muscle, or protein."

Medicine ball

"Get a medicine ball and do a lunge with a twist while you are holding the ball. Those are great. You are activating so many muscles at once, and you are using those muscles over so many different plains."

Diet

"Breakfast would be whole grain bread French toast with egg whites and cinnamon. For a mid-morning snack, they'd do a mixed-berry protein shake. Lunch might be sweet potato tuna melt. An afternoon snack might be hummus with celery sticks. Dinner would be spaghetti and meatballs with spaghetti squash and meatballs made of turkey or chicken breast."

On Yoga and Pilates

"Those are great forms of exercise for stability and balance, but neither one of those is going to change your body dramatically like training with weights does."

Fats

"The biggest problem is that people are fat phobic. It's clinically proven that we need healthy fat in our diets. You need to eat a balanced diet but not be afraid of fat, like Omega 3 fatty acids like walnuts, olive oil and even coconut oil."

Weight loss and "toning up"

"blend nutrition, exercise, and physical therapy. The body responds better. People get too wrapped up in doing isolated movement, like being very body part specific."

On Cardio

"People get too cardio-crazy and need to do more weight lifting," says Owens. He explains that for many people on elliptical machines, "their heart Rate is about the same as if they were shopping around a mall."

Rest and recovery

"take one to two days off a week: have a massage, make sure you get plenty of rest. The muscles actually change when they're recovering."

Replies

• abr25
    abr25 Posts: 179
    what is "spaghetti squash" ??
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    It's a wonderful squash that you can 'pull' apart with a fork and it forms spaghetti like strands! You can use it in place of pasta.

6a00c2251d26218e1d00d09e6fa543be2b-500pi
  • :wink: for later!!!!
  • jbwegner
    jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
    Spaghetti squash is sooo yummy!

But what the heck is a sweet potato tuna melt? Yuck!
  • SDawgW
    SDawgW Posts: 160 Member
    Too funny....my facebook status last month was " - everytime I am tempted to eat something naughty, I google Jessica Biel."

I am really interested in trying this spaghetti squash! Sounds like fun!
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    My kids ate it and never caught on that it wasn't spaghetti.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    I love spaghetti squash.

I cut it length wise, take out the seeds and rub the cut edges in olive oil. Bake in oven on cookie sheet until the outside of the squash is soft. Take out of oven and take a fork and rake it and the insides become strands of "spaghetti"...............

I will make a big salad and some home made pasta sauce, put some parmesan cheese freshly grated on it and eat the whole thing...............
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Is it called "spaghetti squash" at the grocery store? I'm assuming I'd find it in the produce section, but if it's not specifically called "spaghetti squash" I'll never find it- I'm not normally a squash person :ohwell: but I'd love to give this a try!
  • abr25
    abr25 Posts: 179
    OMG this looks like something I musttttt try :).

Sorry to de-rail the thread to the spaghetti squash from Jessica....lol
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Is it called "spaghetti squash" at the grocery store? I'm assuming I'd find it in the produce section, but if it's not specifically called "spaghetti squash" I'll never find it- I'm not normally a squash person :ohwell: but I'd love to give this a try!

Yep, it is in the produce section of the store.
  • belldandy1
    belldandy1 Posts: 264 Member
    That woman does have an amazing figure. I also wouldnt balk at having Rachael McAdams body either.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    while i think she is beautiful and works hard for that

i have to say, please don't want a body like hers

want a body like yours, even a body like yours but a more in shape version, or a healthier version

wanting to obtain the figure that a celebrity has is just never going to happen short of plastic surgery

i'm not saying you can't look amazing

what i am saying is: everyone has a unique body, embrace and work with that
  • while i think she is beautiful and works hard for that

want a body like yours, even a body like yours but a more in shape version, or a healthier version

wanting to obtain the figure that a celebrity has is just never going to happen short of plastic surgery

Well said!:flowerforyou:
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    I'm 5'7" and Polish. I dare say I could work out until the cows come home and I won't look like her :laugh:

I like some of the tips- thanks for posting :)
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    I'm 5'7" and Polish. I dare say I could work out until the cows come home and I won't look like her :laugh:

I like some of the tips- thanks for posting :)

is she polish? i'm half polish, you can tell i'm not fully polish, you'll see pics of me when i reach my goal!!!
  • kblu0816
    kblu0816 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Instead of jessica biel...I look at Jillian Michaels...if you look at her in her shredder videos and listen to her...she really sounds like exercise is a pain in the a** but it's something you have to do. She's not even that flexible and is in damn good shape.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    while i think she is beautiful and works hard for that

Well said!:flowerforyou:

My body would never ever look like hers but I am into muscle definition. thats what I meant- I like my body shape but its muscle definition is what I really crave and bust my *kitten* for- and true muscle definition and low body fat % go hand in hand
This discussion has been closed.