Anyone else not losing

Options
2»

Replies

• beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I won't comment on your diary - I think there have been ample comments. One thing that really helped me was when I looked back over my diary, I realized that alot of the smallest things had really high calorie counts. I made some changes and began to try and get the most bang for my buck. I continue to lose consistently (for now- don't want to jinx myself) and have a hard time eating all my calories each day. Good luck. 8 pounds is great! If you quit, how much will you have lost in the next 6 months? I always try to tell myself this. :flowerforyou:
  • holliwood322
    holliwood322 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    how old are you? i am 51 and have NEVER had so much trouble with weight. the 'ol metabolism ain't what it used to be!
  • chekesha2002
    Options
    When I first started to loose weight 1.5 years ago, I wanted to see results right away also. My personal trainer had to inform me that its not gonna happen over night cause you didnt put the weight on over night. Be patient with yourself and be as consistent and committed as possible. Also cardio really works. Do as much walking or any type of cardio as possible. Still today I have a tendency not to log EVERYTHING but Im only cheating myself when I do that. You can do it, it wont be easy but it will be worth it!
  • holliwood322
    holliwood322 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU!! :flowerforyou: I am trying to keep with that theory as well. been at this since Jan 1 approx and have only lost about 5 lbs. comes and goes. :grumble: :explode: :angry: LET"S STAY THE COURSE!!!
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Have try looking at your sugar. That's what caused me to have problems.
    I wish you the best of luck!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    how old are you? i am 51 and have NEVER had so much trouble with weight. the 'ol metabolism ain't what it used to be!

Thats because you lose muscle mass over the years, especially if you are not consistently weight training. But if you start weight training, it will help with the fat loss. But I mean heavy weight training where you fail at 8-12 reps.
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Moi! You will here everybody's opinion and advice! But listen to this: MOST people lose weight effortlessly by eating right and exercising. And when isay effortlessly I mean losing atleast 1lb or more a week. On here I see people who started in january and have lost 30-50l bs and are now thin.

And MANY people do the same and the results are just not there. No weght loss or very little weight loss

And the truth is no one here on MFP knows the answer for you.

YOU have to filter through the advice and not listen to comments that basically say ' you must be doing something wrong'.

The first assumption most people will make is: you are not tracking food properly. Don't be offended by this. You know you are tracking everything. So there advice is irrelevant.

I had my thyroid checked. All good so that is not the problem. Currnetly for the past 3 months i exercisee 6 days a week. 30 min elliptical cardio and 3x a week weights. Usually eat between 1200-1600 calories

Currently i am gluten free and dairy free 95% of the time. I use goat cheese sparingly and occasionaly have wheat. And the result of my efforts i have gained 4 lbs!

But.... i am not detered. A little annoyed. But determined to figure out what is going on in my body that is impeding progress. Its not lack of exercise and its not food. I keep switching it up every 6 wks to 3 months. I know one day i will do something that will be the answer!

Take care and appeeciate all the changes you have made!
  • RuthieCass
    RuthieCass Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Did anyone actually read my diary? I do track my sodium Usually I stay under 1500. I measure everything with measuring cups, spoons and a food scale. when I put chicken breast for dinner it is because all I ate was chicken breast no added oil or butter. Usually baked or done on the grill, no sauce, It isn't that is has just stalled I haven't lost any weight in well over 3 months. I drink around 12 cups of water a day. ( Which I don't always remember to log) I don't drink any other liquids except my smoothies and those I make with water. yes I did do a whole day of just smotthies. I have been tested at least a dozen times for my thyroid and it is in the normal range. I am frustrated and discouraged. My measurments haven't changed either. Don't really know why I should continue this. I am sorry if I seem upset, I really do appreciate the time you people took to respond. Just started out bad as I got on the scale this morning and had GAINED a lbs. Don't know what to do!!!!

Yes I did look at your diary. I'm sorry if I offended you with the comment about weighing all the food you eat. You stated that you measured everything, which is not the same as weighing, so that's where my comment came from. And there were things that indicated to me that you were not being very strict about the logging (entire day omitted). Hopefully you realize I was trying to be helpful, not put you on trial. It doesn't really matter if anyone else on here thinks you are omitting things in your journal; it only matters if you are actually being truthful with yourself.

You've been logging for 2 weeks. I hope you read the link I posted above. I know you may be frustrated, but weight loss can take time. And as I said water retention can mask weight loss sometimes. As long as you decrease your calories enough, the weight will come off if you stick with it. Increasing your protein and decreasing your sugar (carbs) will likely help you. This should not be hard to do since you're preparing most food at home. I would recommend staying the same calories but just altering your macronutrients as suggested. If you don't like the suggestions you got on here, maybe you should speak to a nutritionist who can make a plan just for you. If you still haven't lost anything in a month after doing this, then maybe you should reevaluate your strategy. If you've been yo-yo dieting for 3 months, for example, your BMR might be lower than the calculators. But you have to look at that possibility after you've given this one enough time.
  • RuthieCass
    RuthieCass Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    For anybody not using a food scale: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY