Before & After January 2012 - May 2012

Options
ash190489
ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
I was so inspired seeing so many success stories and photo's comparing your before and afters, I tried to find a 'before' photo of myself to share my successes - turns out I was very good at avoiding the cameras during this period of time where I had put on weight!!!! But, not that good - however the photo's I've dug up don't truly show how much extra weight I was carrying as the clothing covers up quite a lot of my body, nonetheless, I think you can still see from my face, arms & chest the extra weight and can hopefully still compare the pics with my more recent photos & see a difference.

My journey first started on January 5, 2012 and is still in the process...

Starting weight: 71.5kg (157.63 lbs) Australian size 12-14 (US size 10)
Current weight: 58.5kg (128.97 lbs) Australian size 8 (US size 4)

In the last 2 months, my goals have changed - my weight has always remained between 57.8kg - 59kg on the scale, however, I have been focusing on muscle mass and lowering body fat percentage instead. I get my personal trainer to do a full body assessment on me approximately every 2 months now to show progress, including measurements, skin folds, etc.

1st body assessment in March: 27.5%
2nd body assessment in May: 24.3% --- (-2kg of FAT & + 1- 1.5kg of muscle gained since March 14).
Overall body fat % goal: 21%.

Here are my pics:

BEFORE: November 2011 - Size 12-14
fat.jpg

DURING: January 2012 (minus 3kg) Size 12-14
fat2.jpg

DURING: February 2012 (minus 6kg) Size 12
feb11.jpg

DURING: March 2012 (minus 13kg) - first body assessment done - 27.5% body fat - Size 10
march2012.jpg

DURING: April 2012 (minus 13kg) -Size 10
engagementparty2.jpg

AFTER: May 2012 (minus 13.7kg) - second body assessment done - 24.3% body fat - Size 8
gym.jpg

Still got a way to go as I need to get down to 21% body fat and looking for more definition - however, since this last photo I have lost even more centimetres :-) I have to thank all my MFP friends and my loving partner & family for support. Couldn't have done it without them!

Good luck on your own journey!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Very nice work! You look great!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss!! you look amazing
  • Candyy_sma
    Candyy_sma Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Definitely can tell a difference - you look amazing!! Great job!! :)
  • AthenaErr
    AthenaErr Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    You look amazing - such great progress!!!
  • ash190489
    Options
    Thanks everyone! You guys have just motivated me to keep on going! :smile: :bigsmile:
  • xSHUTUPnLIFT
    Options
    Great work sis! You deserve it :) So far i've lost 6 kgs and lost 2 cm around my gut! Stoked. haha. Again great work. Peace!
  • KingDutchess1
    Options
    WOW.. That was very encouraging. Thanks for sharing it.
  • tkaawa
    tkaawa Posts: 302
    Options
    WOW....you look very good.

what kind of workout are you doing?
  • harleygaljojo
    harleygaljojo Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, great job.
  • sara1215
    sara1215 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!
  • JustJudy
    JustJudy Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Keep up the hard work!:smile:
  • carray250
    carray250 Posts: 43
    Options
    Youl look awesome girly!
  • Browny43
    Browny43 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You look amazing congratulations
  • RealHealthQuest
    RealHealthQuest Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You are started out right where I did and finishing right where I want to be. Very inspiring and a true job well done! I love your goal is now to continue to tone and not so focused on weight. Continuing to strengthen the body is where you will find lasting results for years to come!
  • JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! You Look GREAT!! Isn't it amazing how well we hide from camera's when we gain weight??? I tried looking for some way back when and it was sooo hard!

Keep up the awesome work!!
  • ash190489
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :smile:

My work outs consist of a variety (or else I get too bored).

Cardio & weight training
    Weight training 4-5 times per week (mix of lower body one day & then upper body the next)
    Interval training - mostly on gym equipment (treadmill, cross trainer, step machine or stationary bike). - once a week
    Walking/jogging combo around the streets (30-60mins) (once a week)
    Aerobic classes (high intensity) Body Step, Body Combat, Body Attack, Fat Burner, Body Pump. (2-3 times per week).
    Walking the dog leisurely haha - once a week/fortnight with my mum when I visit!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!