Android run app problem

Options
wwk10
wwk10 Posts: 244 Member
I have HTC Evo and use Sports Tracker for running.
I recently updated my OS to whatever the latest version is.

Now Sports tracker opens, but when I click "start exercise" it force closes.
I deleted Sports Tracker and reinstalled, but I have same problem.
I downloaded MapMyRun and a few others and they all do the same thing they force close when I start to use them.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I've had this problem when Verizon updates my droidX. My wife is smarter than me. She tells the update screen NO everytime it pops up. The most recent update has MURDERED my phone.

Two things. One, after a widespread update, sometimes the app makers update the apps and that improves the performance on whatever your provider did to your phone.

If there's no app update and you're having serious issues with several of your apps, you may have to restore the factory settings and reinstall all the apps. If you've had the phone for a long time and you've never done that it's probably a good idea. The nice thing about Android is that it 's all cloud based, so you can log into the app store online, go to the My Apps page, and everything you've ever installed is listed there. Just click the ones you want back on your phone. As long as all your contacts were stored in Gmail they will all reappear on your phone in a few minutes.

But you will lose all of your texts so make sure you have any info you need from them. Good luck!