Halfway there-- need that extra PUSH!

Options
sheltielover
sheltielover Posts: 135 Member
Hi Everyone,
Ive been on MFP since Sept 19 of last year and its been such a valuable tool and I'm so grateful for all the positive support on this site!

I dropped from 200 lbs down to 164. I'm now hovering at 171... have gained a few lbs back which REALLY FREAKS ME OUT! I dont want that "old me" inching back in.

I really want to get down to 155 -- so really only have 15 lbs to go... How did you do that final push to get there?

I'm finding it less motivating now that I'm in size 8s (from size 16s) to find that daily burn to achieve my final goal!
On the weekends, when I used to push thru and stick to my plan, I now notice I give myself a break and dont log as diligently-- hence gaining a few lbs and then it takes me all week to get them off... So, there's an endless cycle going on.

I'd love any advice!

Aimee

p.s. I do P90X and LOVE IT! It's truly changed the shape of my body!! Tony Horton is a miracle worker!!

Replies

• sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Ask yourself how bad do you want it?? Just keep on eating right and exercising and you will eventually get to your goal. You will have many ups and down but just keep pushing yourself...
  • start121
    start121 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi Aimee - Congratulations on your success. I'm no where near hitting my target at the moment, but I can understand your frustration. But you have been doing this for 8/9 months now - maybe your body is just taking a bit of time to readjust. I hear all the time about how people hit their plateau, but as long a you keep working away it will kick off again. One suggestion would be to to completely change the routine. Instead of doing P90X, get a different programme for a month/6wks - so your body has to work again rather than repeat what it's been doing. The other thing to remember is you are probably a completely different body composition now, especially with all the training. I know for me, if I look at the scales over the past few weeks I've lost maybe 3lbs - doesn't seem like much for all the work I've done, but I do my body composition and get my fat, muscle and water breakdown and I've actually lost 7lbs of fat and gained muscle and water. It could be that your fluctuations are partly down to that too.

either way, stick at it. And well done!
  • Nikkei24
    Nikkei24 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    In the words of Jillian Michael's "We don't come to the finish line and give up. We push harder give it our all and finish strong"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!