NEW here and need some advice..

:smile:
Hi! I'm new and just wanted to say hello! I have a few questions if someone could help me out with.
#1 I have 3 kids and a husband who love snack food in general. I have tried to start dieting on and off over the last month. However, I am not working due to health issues, and if the stuff is out., I eat it..not because I'm hungry, just because it's there. I have had no willpower especially when it comes to sweets. One of the meds I take has caused some of the wt gain as well. Last yr I lost 36 lbs because I cut out "whites" (sugar, flour, etc) I am exercising, but the food issue is very hard. I have never been a comfort food eater, but now since I've gained all my wt back, I am frustrated, therefore I keep sabotaging every positive step I take.

#2 I think if I had a quick start to begin losing the first few lbs, it would inspire me to keep it up. Any advice for that? I am using Stevia, trying to cut portions etc, drinking water...what can I substitute for my sugar craving?

Replies

• Mommy_Time
    Mommy_Time Posts: 256 Member
    First off u r doing great being here. If u r unable to say no to the bad foods best thing to do is find something maybe your family likes but u don't so u won't want to snack on it.

there are tons of great foods out there that can help with your wanting to snack. mangos are very good and sweet, there is shakeology, pineapples-fresh, and there are tons of great recipes here to find if u really need something sweet.
  • Thank you so much!!!! =) I love mangos and pineapple!
  • LHudson53
    LHudson53 Posts: 126
    I take a cup of fresh raspberries, rinse and drain them, then add about 1/2 tsp. of sugar. Because the berries are still wet, the sugar sticks to them and makes a wonderful snack that satisfies my sweet tooth.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,173 Member
    I wish I had some good advice. I had to just stop eating it cold turkey. What sweets I get come from fruit, occasional fruit drink mixes and Jell-O. :) I have candy in the fridge and I am not touching it. I am too determined after SO many weight loss attempts.
  • dwtimeoutt
    dwtimeoutt Posts: 107 Member
    Try fat free pudding, pistachios, v8 juice, strawberry and greek yogurt shakes. These are a few of my snackies that help me get through those sugar cravings.
  • Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    In the past, when I was very depressed, I would eat a whole tray of baklava by myself. I'd do it again the next day. I was on prescription medication, but it did not seem to really be helping me. It kept me alive, but not really living. I had tremendous cravings for carbs and fats when I was depressed, and until I found a treatment for the depression that worked, I was always craving and miserable. I no longer have those cravings like that, although I do have days when I indulge in sweet and fattening things, it is more rare than the norm, and probably is caused by fluctuating hormones.
    Good luck!
  • myraknits
    myraknits Posts: 81 Member
    Frozen Cherries are amazing. For an extra special treat, pour 1/4 c of cream over them and the cream freezes! No sugar.
    They're like candy and ice cream all in one.
  • allymacary
    allymacary Posts: 54 Member
    Frozen Cherries are amazing. For an extra special treat, pour 1/4 c of cream over them and the cream freezes! No sugar.
    They're like candy and ice cream all in one.

Or I've tried frozen grapes! They're so yummy!!
  • radish67
    radish67 Posts: 4
    i was recently given two prescriptions yesterday and both have side effects as weight gain, i need the medicine but i am scared of the weight gain, what typre of med made you gain the weight, i was given gabapentin(nuerotin) and an arthrits med