Running NSV! Difference in 2 months.

Options
2»

Replies

• BenChase
    BenChase Posts: 169
    Options
    hmmm....i am kind of interested in something now. unlike you i have had my focus mostly on speed,not distance (i ride my bike for distance which is getting up around 30 miles now) but with running i have worked only on my speed and trying to beat my one mile time, which is the most i have been able to run without slowing down to a fast walk so far, and now the last 4-5 times i ran i have beaten my record time from 11m to 10m to 9m 45s to 8m 52s down to a 8m 23s mile which is my current record time for a mile, so i have a faster mile but over the course of say a 10 mile race you would beat me by an hour hahaha, anyway, i'm just curious if you would like to hang around my friends list or something and we can see which one way ends up being better in the future(i think your distance first way is probably better,but i don't have anyone i know to compare with) :)
  • bryansaums
    bryansaums Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Awesome. What inspiration. Thanks!
  • larkiedeek
    larkiedeek Posts: 203 Member
    Options

First he had me slow down, having me run 4.7-5.2 mph. The other things were physical - I moved my hands too much, he wanted them still and relaxed, lower than I was holding them, thumbs on top. I leaned forward too much, he had me ease back a bit. Also he emphasized trying to make my foot falls as quiet as possible, by adjusting my toe position or where I land. I still haven't gotten that skill down!

Thanks.

I want to do a 10k run for charity. I'll keep the speed down at 4.8-5mph and just keep increasing the time I run for when I get back to it next week.

If I can end up running the whole 10k then I will think about increasing the speed but I need the distance first.

Wish I had done that to start with now! I was messing about with the speed when I strained the muscle.

Good advice on the hands. I keep correcting myself to keep them relaxed and at my side.
  • ItIsJessMe
    ItIsJessMe Posts: 19
    Options
    hmmm....i am kind of interested in something now. unlike you i have had my focus mostly on speed,not distance (i ride my bike for distance which is getting up around 30 miles now) but with running i have worked only on my speed and trying to beat my one mile time, which is the most i have been able to run without slowing down to a fast walk so far, and now the last 4-5 times i ran i have beaten my record time from 11m to 10m to 9m 45s to 8m 52s down to a 8m 23s mile which is my current record time for a mile, so i have a faster mile but over the course of say a 10 mile race you would beat me by an hour hahaha, anyway, i'm just curious if you would like to hang around my friends list or something and we can see which one way ends up being better in the future(i think your distance first way is probably better,but i don't have anyone i know to compare with) :)

Yes, friend me! I don't have any friends! (Well I do in real life, but not on here). I need to start doing that.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! And it's great that your trainer had you work on form. I could use a trainer for a few days to work on mine!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!