So which Gym Guy are YOU?

Options

Replies

• jelias1
    jelias1 Posts: 97
    Options
    I've been called a machine in the making.
    Punctual, focused and barely noticing others around me.
    Moving on autopilot.

5 months ago I was 505lbs everyone in my gym knew it. I could barely walk a mile in about 40 min's.

Now more than a hundred pounds later I am the guy flying on the elliptical for 60 min and 4 miles for 1500 calories
    Weightlifting 5 sets of 20 on all the machines alternating between upper and lower body on different days with low weight since I am trying to tone at the same time as build muscle.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I breath hard and drool a bit. Sometimes I'll even splash my bottle of water all over me. The sight of it is ugly but, the final product it produces is pretty damn nice looking.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I'm the guy looking at the butts and boobs.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I'm the guy telling you to get the hell out of my basement!

So I'm the guy who's lifting with White Zombie and Front Line Assembly and Slayer playing too loud for motivation.

I've never heard the words, "Slayer" and "Too Loud" in the same sentence before and now that I have, it's unsettling

Now I have shame.

I'll turn in my metal-head membership card on the way out.
  • USMCConditioning
    Options
    No need to go to the gym because all i do is cardio, if i were to go to a gym it would be for swimming. that's about it.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I don't work out a gym, and I am girl.

So I guess i am Home-Gym Girl or Running Girl? lol
  • workoutgirl23
    Options
    People would probably view me as crazy cardio, Treadmill running lady. I'm always on the treadmill and running for a long time. the treadmill is mainly all i do at the gym. I noticed that no one stays on the treadmill as long as i do. tons of people get on and off the machines next to me,, and i'm still on for over an hour. i'm a treadmill girl. i love to run.
  • Phrak
    Phrak Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Im the clueless guy, that follows the big guys around to copy their workouts.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    I'm the person who wonders why there is a need to text at the gym! Leave your phone in the car or locker! O and if I have m head phones in I don't want to talk to you
  • slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I'm the no nonsense guy. I don't go in with my posse.....I lift heavy. I don't talk much and get in and out.

^^^^THIS
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    LOL
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    i just started.. but i don't like to be bothered.. i stroll on the elipser.. (yes i suck) and then do weight machines.. (i do reg weights at home).. and i look LOST most of the time.. hoping to get better at the cardio part so i dont look so cardio challanged.. :)
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options

Of course!!
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Great job Bud!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Ms. Business right here!

I get in and I get out.. No messing around with hour long cardio sessions or 5 minute rest breaks in between reps/sets... I keep my rests between 30 seconds and a 1 minute 30 seconds max.

I'm also the girl that comes in with cute clothes and everything matching.. because I hate it when things don't match.

I may stop and talk to my trainer but that's about it.... and even then it's a HI, check in to how his day is going/how my day went and then I'm on my way.
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Lol, I'm the Gym Rat that everyone talks about...that sweats a ton, burns a bazillion calories, that goes super intense, and still has the energy to do more if I feel like it ;-)

I do the cardio/weight training thing..workout 4-6x a week... depending on what's up... I'm a Zumba maniac on top of it...but that's my fun workout...I don't really count that much as a workout..hehe, love to dance!!

"Go hard or get the he** outta my way!"
  • zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options

So I'm the guy who's lifting with White Zombie and Front Line Assembly and Slayer playing too loud for motivation.

I've never heard the words, "Slayer" and "Too Loud" in the same sentence before and now that I have, it's unsettling

Can it actually be too loud? Not the biggest Slayer fan (Hypocrisy or Grendel are more my workout standards), but I'm the person who is decidedly ignoring the pop-rock that the gym plays since she has a tendency to get her headphones tangled up in the equipment.
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    I thank you all for the convo yesterday, which motivated me to stay off the cardio machine as planned lest anyone judge me for being a "cardio bunny" (impossible since I am not rail thin, and am doing interval-intensity cardio at the advice of my doctor and trainer).

Instead I resorted to my typical Gym personality of "Former competitive swimmer". Meaning, I used to work in a pool, teach group and private swim lessons, and coach teams but now I'm obese so the most I can muster is a consecutive half-mile of breastroke, freestyle, and backstroke, with a half lap of butterfly thrown in. I thank you b/c I truly get a better work-out that way...hitting both cardio and strength at once.

So, describe yourself at the gym as if you were being judged by a casual observer. I think it sounds fun.

Aw, this post makes me sad. Don't let a bunch of negative people stop you from doing what you want at the gym.
    Get back on the horse and to he!! with what people on here say. :flowerforyou:

Oh, no...honestly, I'd rather swim and it's the best workout for me anyway. I was grumpy yesterday reading that post, but after my swim I feel better and back into the humour side of things.
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I'm the crazily intense guy who everyone thinks is a little bit insane.
  • lauralizzy829
    lauralizzy829 Posts: 215 Member
    Options

Wow.......I think I work with you haha. Guy I work with has his Slayer gym in his garage tho.