More than a NSV, this is a LIFE VICTORY!!

Options
First off, as a disclaimer, I have an eating disorder and I've caught a lot of flack in the forums before because yes, I'm trying to lose weight, and no, I don't always do it in a safe way. That said, if you have an issue with this and feel the need to tell me I'm worthless, just go ahead and read a different topic, there are lots of other ones. Thanks.

Now, for the victory dance!!!

Cereal l is a major trigger for me. It's literally been years since I've had just one serving. It always leads to a binge which leads to purging... UNTIL TODAY! I had one bowl of raisin bran and then poured another bowl later on but instead of eating it, I poured it back in the box and then got the carrots out like I had pre-logged the day before.

I can't even describe how good I feel right now, knowing I was able to, and did make this choice for myself!!

Replies

• laceylou0702
    laceylou0702 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! That must make you swell with pride!
  • WILSONBA
    WILSONBA Posts: 197
    Options
    I'm proud of you for being open about your disorder and for conquering it. keep up the good work, I know you can do it!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    This is a great post! and DEFINITELY a life victory for you! :) I'm so glad you were able to conquer today! Keep up the good choices :)
  • abetterjune
    abetterjune Posts: 219
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm feeling so good.. now I only have to deal with the 2 dozen gingerbread cookies my son and I baked this morning :/ haha
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :heart: Congratulations!! That is Pure AWESOME!!!
    :glasses: And if ANYONE dares to come here to give you FLACK, send them to MY Page!! I know how to deal with them!!! And I have the MFP Pals to help me hide the........Well, whatever needs to be hidden, bodies, evidence, DNA, Crime Scenes. We will take care of it!
  • HausfrauB
    HausfrauB Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Your choice was an act of loving kindness for yourself. Seriously a great accomplishment.
  • FunandFitMom
    FunandFitMom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Great job! A huge leap in the right direction. Thank you for sharing your NSV with us.
  • geezer99
    geezer99 Posts: 92
    Options
    Exactly right! Each of us has to look for ways to fight our own personal demons and you have found one -- but stay vigilant, bad habits fight back at first.

Cookies. You probably can't "just say no" (I can't) so an alternative is to bag each one separately and put them all in the freezer. Make Monday, Wednesday and Friday cookie days. Have your son take one out (one for him too), microwave it, and serve it to mommy on a plate in the living room (even if he needs some help.) He can be proud of the ceremony surrounding HIS cooking and you have reasons not to disappoint him by sneaking them on your own
  • rdy2lose
    rdy2lose Posts: 106
    Options
    That is HUGE!!! Way to go, I completely understand that you feel great about this, it took a lot of will power not to eat it and to have carrots instead. CONGRATULATIONS!
  • Ekoria
    Ekoria Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Well done you, it took guts to post this. I salute your NSV :)
  • MrsPatchon1837
    Options
    I'm proud of you for being open about your disorder and for conquering it. keep up the good work, I know you can do it!

Exactly this!!
  • watercolormama
    watercolormama Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That truly is a victory and you should be celebrating. Self-control feels so good and now that you have done it once, you can do it again. All the best to you!
  • steveman99
    steveman99 Posts: 27
    Options
    Awesome! I know how hard it can be to eat something again and again. The trick is to not eat it, because one bite is too many, and 10 bites are not enough. You're doing great! Keep up the great work, you have alot of support on this board.
    Good Luck
    Steve
  • mwestmount
    mwestmount Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You ROCK girl !!!! You are worth it and don't ever forget it!!
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Awesome job! :) And you know, a lot of people don't see it this way, but I think most of us on here, whether struggling with under eating, or overeating... it's an eating disorder of sorts EITHER way... it's an unhealthy relationship with food, it just manifests in different ways.. And no one should EVER talk down to another person, especially about something like this, for a lot, though not all, the eating thing either way is tied to emotions. It drives me nuts how rude some people can be, especially on a site that is supposed to be supportive. Encouraging someone to let go of destructive or unhealthy habits and patterns is one thing, blasting them with rudeness is a whole new creature, and one that should be banned!!!! Grrr. :angry:

Keep walking forward! You are proving to yourself you can do it! :) Be proud of yourself ! :)
  • annokoye
    annokoye Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have always been told to set small goals to prepare me for the large ones. So, you have met your small goal, you should be very excited. Keep on the right track so that you can celebrate with your son on your large goal that will soon come.
    Keep up the good work.
  • mwestmount
    mwestmount Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Sorry for my ignorance, but can I ask what NSV means?
  • mangobadango
    mangobadango Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    That is great! Congratulations on a major NSV! I hope you can have many more like it!
  • susieqa6699
    susieqa6699 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Congrats on this SUPREME victory.....I cannot imagine how tough it must be for you. That being said don't look back - keep going forward.

NSV - non scale vicotry.....
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    oooooh yay!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!