The Problem with "Extreme" Weight Loss...

Options

Replies

• Excellentia
    Excellentia Posts: 182
    Options
    That link didn't work, but I didn't ever think that would be good. It makes for good entertainment though and I'll admit I've found some motivation from time to time...
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Good article.

"Just begin and keep on beginning every day..." I like that...
  • rodes27
    rodes27 Posts: 15
    Options
    Good article.

"Just begin and keep on beginning every day..." I like that...

...Me to...great motto!
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Very well written... Good points. I know for myself, just talking about this last night with my boyfriend. I still see myself at 267.5 lbs, mentally I haven't changed and I need to see that change in myself are I will gain it all back. I've lost 88 lbs so far, since beginning in Jan 1-2011.. I didn't lose it as fast as those folks did either...
  • Crystal0827
    Crystal0827 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. Unfortunately as we see time and time again the "instant gratification" mentality usually doesn't work as a long term solution to weight loss. "This is not a diet, this is a lifestyle change" - Words of wisdom from MFP success stories.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    It seems like the main point of this article is you have to change your mindset and you have to start seeing yourself differently in order to have the ability to continue exercising, eating right and being fit. otherwise, you will go back to the old ways.
  • Chameleone
    Chameleone Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    bump