daily intake question

daisylou
daisylou Posts: 118
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok, so I am now at my goal weight and now I would likt to lose a few more. I am 5 3 and weigh 127 1/2 lbs. I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but I don't exercise, so I'm a flabby 127. Anyway I am going to work on the exercise, but I have been doing 1200 calories a day except the weekends. I still watch, but I don't totally stick to it as much. I refigured a new goal on MFP and it says to eat 1450 cals. That makes me happy cause 1200 is a real struggle. I still feel hungry a lot. Does 1450 calories sound like a good amount of calories for the weight I am? I am a little confused.

Replies

• havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Do more exercise and you can up your calories. If you still want to lose weight, you still need a deficit in your calories
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,849 Member
    If you don't like the flab, try some strength training. That will also add some calories. It will also tone a bit, but if you don't do any other exercises don't concentrate on the weight because you would just be gaining muscle.

I think there was a post on here about Jillian Michael's 30 day shred on sale at Wal-Mart online for $6. This would be good for you to get in some strength training. There is also some cardio and abs in there that might keep your actual weight # in check if you are adding muscle.
This discussion has been closed.