Are you ready for some football???? (Euro 2012)

Options
Laces_0ut
Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
I love even years(Euro/World Cup) and I'm so glad June 8 is almost here! As an American I have no real rooting interest but I would like to see England win.(its been so long for them)

who is everyone pulling for?

anyone want to make me insanely jealous and tell me that you are going? pics would be appreciated!

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I am cheering for netherlands. Will watch any matches that involve Netherlands, Spain, Portugal, England, France, Germany, Italy
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    I love RVP and would like to see Netherlands do well.
  • MILICA1986
    MILICA1986 Posts: 172
    Options
    Of course we are ready!
    I am cheering for Serbia! Oh wait.....we didn't qualify!:bigsmile:
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    awe :(
  • Dahllywood
    Dahllywood Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Yes! While also American, thus not having a team to represent me, I just love watching some quality soccer.
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I'd like to say England but my expectations for them to win are low :ohwell:

There's always Spain!
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Poland since I'm Polish, which I realize won't happen, England, Germany, and the Dutch.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Scotland! Oh wait. No they didn't qualify, but there will always be this moment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nmtB7rBs3M .

That makes it Poland and Germany. I lived in Poland so that seems right, and I watched the World Cup quite a bit with my German friend and that was so sad. We just said we'd wait for the Euro Cup and watch Germany win there. They're a very sympathetic team, not whiney, don't play dirty, just a good team with bad luck. :) I could root for England, too. ;) Then just any Central or Eastern European country.
  • ls_66
    ls_66 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Forza Azzurri !!! Go Italy... we won't win.. my prediction is we won't get to the second stage... too many injuries too much extra futbal drama around the team...
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    My heart says U.S.A. My head says Spain.
  • stephaneb74
    stephaneb74 Posts: 151 Member
    Options

Good for you because in the EURO competition, USA does not stand a chance ;) lol

Will Cheer for France all the way ;)
  • MinkyMoo13
    MinkyMoo13 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    No.. :sad:

OH and I have an arrangement.. England Matches he can watch in the front room (if he's not down the pub) all others he is relegated to the Spare Room!
  • SGRhapsodos
    Options
    Heck yea!!!!! Go Germany!!!!!!
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

Ill bet 1 billion dollars against your 1,000 that the USA doesnt even score a goal in this tournament! :)
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I will be wearing my Netherlands Euro 2012 Black jersey cheering them on!!!!!

Arjen Robben is a beasr
  • taglientep
    taglientep Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Lets Go bills! oh wait wrong counrty sorry......few more months
  • gward84
    gward84 Posts: 16
    Options
    England all the way...........a nation of everyone expecting success again only for us to probably get beat very early on! :(
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I thought the Euro Cup was soccer?

If so, I'm rooting for Portugal.
  • lion_queen
    lion_queen Posts: 37
    Options
    France (Karim Benzema) Spain (Iker Casillas, Sergio Ramos and many others) or Portugal (Cristiano Ronaldo and Pepe) ;)
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    I thought the Euro Cup was soccer?

If so, I'm rooting for Portugal.

it is but i went with the world's name for the sport to tie it in with the song for Monday Night Football. im trying to trick some Americans into getting into the beautiful game. :)