Water logged

Options
Boy did I do something really dumb!!!:grumble: I made this new goal to drink more water. I was reading in a book about weight loss and thyroids that you should drink 8 glasses of water a day plus 1 more glass for every 10 pounds you want to lose. For me that would be 12 glasses. So stupid me thought that a gallon (because I didn't look it up) was 96 ounces but it is 128 ounces. So I drank 128 ounces yesterday THAT'S 16 GLASSES OF WATER!!!! Not only did I have to pee all day but I felt like I was sloshing every time I moved. Will try for only 12 glasses today!!!

Replies

• Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do.... Don't think about fountains..... or waterfalls.... or leaky sinks!!!!
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Ouch! Be careful because too much water is just as bad for you as not enough. You can wash all the electrolytes from your body - more commonly known as Sodium. They call it 'water intoxication'.

But it is unlikely that you'd get that from 12 glasses. You'd have to drink more than that!
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I drink 14-16 glasses daily. I usually have 10-12 here at work & then another 2-4 while I'm at home :smile: I LOVE my water. Just plane ol water. mmmm:drinker: :drinker:
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    A gallon of water is pretty much an average day for me :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

exercise.png
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    I drink 14-16 glasses daily. I usually have 10-12 here at work & then another 2-4 while I'm at home :smile: I LOVE my water. Just plane ol water. mmmm:drinker: :drinker:

Same here, I LOVE water!

Heres a fun fact/tip...
    The best way to determine how much water you need to stay properly hydrated is to divide your current weight in half. That number is the number of ounces you should drink. You will notice a difference in your skin. Also for every one cup of caffienated beverage or one cigarette, you need to match it with 3 cups of water......
    My source for this info is from my Esthetics text book and instructors, and a nutritional biology course.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options

Same here, I LOVE water!

Heres a fun fact/tip...
    The best way to determine how much water you need to stay properly hydrated is to divide your current weight in half. That number is the number of ounces you should drink. You will notice a difference in your skin. Also for every one cup of caffienated beverage or one cigarette, you need to match it with 3 cups of water......
    My source for this info is from my Esthetics text book and instructors, and a nutritional biology course.

Great info!! Looks like I'm getting plenty of water & the some! :drinker: yum!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Heres a fun fact/tip...

160lbs / 2 = 80 oz (10 glasses... which is what I normally average)

2 cup morning coffee = 6 additional cups of H2O
    usta be 2 smokes a day = 6 additional cups of H2O
    currently stress smoking 10 cigs a day = additional 30 cups of H2O daily.... :laugh:

Well this explains why I am PARCHED at the end of every day!!!!!!!