Hip Bones?

Options
I want to get hip bones.. in a healthy way. Im 5"3 and want to know what weight I should be. LOL CALLING ALL PEOPLE WITH HIP BONES THAT STICK OUT. HOW MUCH DO YOU WEIGH AND HOW TALL ARE YOU? x Answeerrr please!

Replies

• momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    5' 61/2"...130-134lbs...I have hip bones even after having kids :)
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    How do you walk w/out hip bones?

I have hip bones - every person I know has hip bones!!
  • NellyGurl11
    Options
    Lol lucky... i've always been that fat teenager. Cause of my hypothyroidism. Gotta change myself once and for all! :D
  • NellyGurl11
    Options
    -.- Lol I meant I want them to stick out. XD
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    How do you walk w/out hip bones?

I have hip bones - every person I know has hip bones!!

Yeah I'm pretty sure that unless you have some kind of genetic anomaly or whatever you have hip bones.

But in all seriousness, why do you want your hip bones to stick out?
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Hip bones are not an indication of being thin and/or healthy. Too much hip bone showing usually looks "too" skinny.

I am 5'9" and 140lbs - my hip bones show.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Wait---nevermind. I just saw on your profile that you're a recovering anorexic. My question has been answered.
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I have them, we all do. When you say stick out, how much do you mean?
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    If you want to do it the healthy way I would say get into weightlifting so you can lean out your abdomen/hips/thighs. And some of it is just your bodytype and bone structure.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Why do you want them to stick out? Think about it..that would mean that you have a serious open wound that is bound for infection.

Vanity is a *****.
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Why do you want them to stick out? Think about it..that would mean that you have a serious open wound that is bound for infection.

Vanity is a *****.

I :heart: you.
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    5'2" and mine has always stuck out. I weight 135 right now But I'm shooting for 125 :) Hope this helps
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Whether your hip bones stick out is partially based on your hip structure, mine stick out even at a relatively high weight. Not that it's any of my business, but a better goal might be to be a weight that your doctor, or other healthcare provider considers healthy.
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and weigh 128-132 lbs with a small frame. Mine stick out, but they also stuck out when I weighed 142. My body fat right now is in the high end of the "normal" range, down from the borderline "over fat" range, so I definitely tend to be "skinny fat". This makes me think the hip bone thing has a lot to do with genetics.
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    It's your frame that determines this, not your weight.

When I was too skinny (5'10", 105lbs), my hip bones stuck out. When I was overweight (still 5'10", 195lbs), my hipbones still stuck out.

I personally dislike it. It makes lying on your stomach very uncomfortable. And if you wear pants that sit just so on your hips, your skin in that area gets irritated.

TL;DR - aim for a healthy weight.
  • arizonagog
    arizonagog Posts: 22
    Options
    It's quite obvious what she meant.............. -___-
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Body part goals seem to me like setting yourself up for failure - if you concentrate on eating a healthy amount and exercising in moderation, you'll end up looking great regardless of what your hip bones are doing.
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Mine stick out .... when I'm laying down. :laugh:
  • bridgetisme
    Options
    i am 5'8'' and about 130lbs and my hips bones stick out :)
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting and lowering my body fat to below 20% has helped my hip area lean out.

I'm 5'6" and weigh 124 lbs.