What Protein Do You Eat For Breakfast?

Options
2»

Replies

• dodgersprincess
    Options
    I have Almond Milk, Veggie sausages, and sometimes a muffin like this mornging with fruit. The muffins are usually Fibar One that I bought from a mix and made and froze. (Doing it that way saves on perservatives and money), Sometime I get Trader Joes Bran Muffin mix and do the same.
  • CeeOh
    CeeOh Posts: 1
    Options
    * Kimchi Fried Quinoa (Cook 1/2 cup quinoa. Cook an egg sunnyside up in 1/2 Tbsp. oil [I use macadamia nut oil]. In a separate pan, saute 1/2 a medium onion in 1/2 Tbsp. oil. Add a minced garlic clove and 4 oz. of kimchi to the onion and stir until hot. Add the quinoa, along with 1/2 Tbsp. soy sauce and 1 sliced scallion. Mix well, top with the egg, and eat.)

* Steel-cut oats cooked with fruit and nuts. (I especially like an apple/walnut/date/cinnamon blend or an apple/almond/cranberry blend.)

* Greek yogurt mixed with blueberries, ground flaxseeds, and a drizzle of honey.

* A cheese, fruit, and nut platter. (I'll typically eat 1/4 c. of nuts, 1 oz. of cheese, and 1 or 2 servings of fruit.) If I'm having a soft cheese like Brie, I'll put it on a slice of Wasa crispbread. Harder cheeses like Gouda I'll just cut into chunks and eat plain.

* Almond butter on whole wheat toast or crispbread.

* Non-traditional, but delicious: quinoa paired with a meat protein like Cajun-spiced tilapia or Lemon honey chicken.
  • MeliJean78
    MeliJean78 Posts: 249
    Options
    In a small fry pan, add a splash of olive oil, cook sunny-side up, plate eggs. Using the same fry pan add handful of spinach and place plate over to wilt spinach. 25g of Protein
  • Phrak
    Phrak Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I really dont like protein that much. But i do try to get a little in. Maybe an eggwhite or two.
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    meat
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    hmmm,
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Protein shake, 160 calories, 1gr sugar, 3 gr fat and 30gr PROTEIN!!!!!! Big bang for my calories.

Another option is to add protein powder to any of the above suggestions.

Good Luck!