frustrated!!

Options
mcohan
mcohan Posts: 116 Member
night eating is driving me crazy!! i have not been sleeping well for the past few days which results in a snack around 11pm. i am not sure what has changed to cause this sudden change in sleep patterns...what do you do to fall asleep and stay alseep at night? any ideas to help with night eating?

Replies

• XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    change your focus.
    drink a glass of water
    have an apple....?
    9726172000 Posts: 428
    Options
    Have you tried having a light snack about 30 minutes before going to bed? It might be your metabilsm telling your mind and stomach it needs something. Or you could try some warm tea or warm milk. You could also try lying in bed and focusing on one body part at a time and do a relaxation method. I do that and I will sleep through the whole night
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    try a protein shake with a little bit of peanut butter in it

it taste good, healthy night time snack before bed, and keeps you feeling full
  • vanessadawn
    Options
    I had this issue before, for me it is being hungry. I usually had a little warm almond breeze, carrots, or some cereal something under 100 calories so I knew it wouldn't hurt my count for the day too bad.
  • parrotlover
    parrotlover Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I had this issue before, for me it is being hungry. I usually had a little warm almond breeze, carrots, or some cereal something under 100 calories so I knew it wouldn't hurt my count for the day too bad.

what is warm almond breeze?
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Is your diet diary correct for yesterday? Because if so, you had a right to be hungry! If that is right you're starving yourself.

If the diary is not filled out all the way then the advice others are giving is right.

:)
  • jojogirl
    jojogirl Posts: 99
    Options

what is warm almond breeze?

It is a brand of Almond Milk, tastes good :happy:
  • mcohan
    mcohan Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    is ti still ok to eat fruit at night, before bed? or does it all just turn into sugar = weight gain?
  • jojogirl
    jojogirl Posts: 99
    Options
    is ti still ok to eat fruit at night, before bed? or does it all just turn into sugar = weight gain?

It's a good sugar, last night I had a cup of grapes, I usually have fruit at night and haven't suffered from any gain...
    Good Luck:smile:
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options

sugar does not equal weight gain

I think simple carbs before bed isn't the best idea and would aim for a protein/healthy fat snack

It digests slower throughout the night and keeps you full....keeps you away from binging at night too