SWEETS!

Options
How in the world do you stop eating sweets?!?! I swear I have an addiction and don't know how to stop...I have to eat some kind of candy/cake/cookies everyday, if not im just craving them!! its really bad. My husband just looks at me and shakes his head everytime i reach for the bags of candy! I eat healthy otherwise, lots of fruits n veggies but i just cant kick this sweet tooth! for instance i just went to CVS and grabbed a bag of peppermint candies on my lunch break....ahhh...Any suggestions?! :)

Replies

• snipes777
    snipes777 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Go ketogenic paleo for 30 days. After about 2 weeks I no longer craved anything sweet. Blueberries seemed almost overpowering in their sweetness. It was pretty crazy.
  • shelbynicole32
    shelbynicole32 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Ive started replacing them with sweet fruits like apples, strawberrys, and sometimes yogurt.. Not the "healtheist" of fruits, but they taste good and replace the unhealthy desserts!
  • Leslie85
    Leslie85 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I love sweets too, but I've tried to cut down on them and find healthier versions. I like to eat strawberries w/ lite cool whip. I've also found the Cinnamon Pretzel Crisps to help satisfy my sweet tooth, and they're only 110cal. for 10 crisps! I also made banana bread protein muffins (80 cal. and 1g fat) but tossed in just a few chocolate chips to get that chocolate fix.
  • BrendaPow
    BrendaPow Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I chew gum right after I am done eating. I buy sweet gum such as the new dessert flavors that Extra makes. It helps with the sweet craving and it stops me from putting more food in my mouth.
  • mrsbastone
    mrsbastone Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Go two weeks without sugar and the cravings will just about disappear.. It's rough those first few days but it's totally doable.