CALLING ALL CHRISTIANS

Options
Please share what christian music gets you motivated!And any scripture that keeps you motivated also!
GOD IS GOOD!

Replies

• tcbutler
    tcbutler Posts: 146
    Options
    I like a Christian, although turning more towards mainstream, Celtic Punk band called Flatfoot 56. They are from Chicago and their songs are awesome. If you like harder stuff at all, they are good to workout to.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I love Skillett! I've worked off duty security for a couple of their concerts and they are very personable.

"But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31
  • 1amknapp
    1amknapp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite work out songs is Toby Mac, "Made to Love". It's got a great beat, and a great message, Toby Mac was once part of DC Talk before they went there separate ways.
  • Jessamine
    Jessamine Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have always loved Jars of Clay.
  • slocketti
    slocketti Posts: 3
    Options
    The band Superchick has fun girl power workout music!
  • RK262
    RK262 Posts: 17
    Options
    Superchick is a good one.
  • RVfrog
    RVfrog Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My scripture is Jeremiah 29:11 music. I really don't listen to much music. I am a reader.
  • waffleflavoredtea
    waffleflavoredtea Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    haha I thought this was going to be a Christianity-bashing thread, lol! I'm glad it's not :P
    Honestly I got tired of Christian pop after a while. It's so repetetive and it doesn't teach you anything about who Jesus WAS, it just says fluffy things like "Jesus, I love you, Jesus, you saved me, you make me dance", etc.

I still love hymns and older church songs that teach about Jesus' character, his works, and incorporating biblical teachings into the song lyrics :) It's really hard to find that in modern Christian music! Good luck with your searching!! :)
  • dmanning0819
    dmanning0819 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    "1 Corinthians 9:27 - But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified"

Stollen by a friend of mine on MFP. Love this!
  • jwshmoe75
    jwshmoe75 Posts: 119
    Options
    Toby Mac is amazing!!! And yes, God is Good. He is good all the time.
  • pj12string
    pj12string Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    The Newsboys
  • lussya
    lussya Posts: 19
    Options
    superchick and skillet :)
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Music: Danzig

Scripture: Exodus 4:24-25 - Now it came about at the lodging place on the way that the LORD met him and sought to put him to death. Then Zipporah took a flint and cut off her son’s foreskin and threw it at Moses’ feet, and she said, “You are indeed a bridegroom of blood to me.”
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I have these songs on my cardio workout :

I am Free
    Rise and Sing
    Sing, sing, sing
    Let God Arise
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I am a Christian. I do not look to Christian music for inspiration or to get pumped. I prefer drake/trapt/eminem/metallica I do occasionally listen to TobyMac
  • mr_tyrone35
    mr_tyrone35 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Christian Rap, 2 of my favorite artists are Lecrae and Flame.
  • jturinetti
    jturinetti Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Skillet, Sanctus Real, Creede

Romans 5:3-4
    3We also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4perseverance, character; and character hope. 5And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.
  • tcbutler
    tcbutler Posts: 146
    Options
    I love Skillett! I've worked off duty security for a couple of their concerts and they are very personable.

"But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Oh yeah! I forgot about Skillet. Red, 12 Stones, and Day of Fire are all pretty cool too!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    *looks around hoping to find Christian Slater and leaves utterly disappointed*
    Or Christian Bale...love me some batman. And that voice!
This discussion has been closed.