Is 30lbs. by Christmas a realistic goal?

drnewell1
drnewell1 Posts: 7
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
My goal is to lose 30lb. by Christmas. Do you think this is a realistic goal? I have been on this website for almost 2 weeks. I lost 2lb. my first week and I have only went over my calorie limit one day. I plan to be back at home visiting family at Christmas and would like to lose the weight and surprise them. 30lb in 5 months is that too much too soon?

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Depends on what you weigh now, I think.
    If you weigh a lot, then you can easily shed 2+lbs a week from now till then.
    If you are only slightly overweight, as you move towards your goal weight, that 2+lbs tends to become less.
  • it's hard work but you can do it. My goal is to loose 25 by christmas.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,849 Member
    Yup, depends on what you weigh now. I'd like to lose about that by the end of the year. I'd be happy with 20 total, but 30 would be ideal. I weigh 157 right now. I have 10 pound increments every two months for goals. I'm thinking its not going to happen, but if I could get to 140 by then, I'd be happy. We'll see. I keep gaining muscle so its making that magic number a little harder to get to.
  • calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    Too funny... I was just thinking the same thing. I want to get a tummy tuck at christmas time. I want to be the lowest weight possible prior to it.:blushing:
  • It could happen if you work hard. But remember, you have several holidays in between now and then. Don't set yourself up for disappointment by setting a goal that will be difficult to achieve during the holidays. I am shooting for 1 pound a week, so 20 pounds lost between now and Christmas.
    Good luck to you!:smile:
  • of course you can if you work hard, count your calories. I use a food and fitness journal to track my calories and exercise hours. I think the best tool is to make sure you are under the calories, if you did go over during the weekend, try to work it off during the week and remember weight loss is burn more calories than in take. Good luck!
  • Shelley130
    Shelley130 Posts: 142
    Too funny... I was just thinking the same thing. I want to get a tummy tuck at christmas time. I want to be the lowest weight possible prior to it.:blushing:

Most Dr. require you maintain your weight for more than 6 months prior to a tummy tuck.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member

Most Dr. require you maintain your weight for more than 6 months prior to a tummy tuck.

I was going to say the same thing.
    Gotta reach that goal weight and HOLD.
    If you have a tummy tuck and gain weight back (or get pregnant for that matter), the tummy tuck won't 'stick'.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    I count about 20 weeks 'til Christmas. 30 pounds in 20 weeks,,,

If you're at 40% bodyfat right now, then ya, probably. If you're at 20%, it's gonna be tough. Either way, you can make wonderful improvements to your bod in that time, whether you make the 30 pounds or not. Good luck, keep us posted. :smile:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    I count about 20 weeks 'til Christmas. 30 pounds in 20 weeks,,,

If you're at 40% bodyfat right now, then ya, probably. If you're at 20%, it's gonna be tough. Either way, you can make wonderful improvements to your bod in that time, whether you make the 30 pounds or not. Good luck, keep us posted. :smile:

Great, sound advice!:drinker:
This discussion has been closed.