0 Calorie everyday alternatives!

Options

Replies

• Bdbdb13
    Bdbdb13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I agree with the earlier comments. The only thing with zero calories that I would ingest is water.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Eat the dang peanut butter. As long as you get real peanut butter, you are getting healthy fats and a bit of protein. I would rather have those things plus some calories then 0 calories of... questionable origin.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Have we really gotten this far removed from knowing what FOOD is supposed to be for?
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Have we really gotten this far removed from knowing what FOOD is supposed to be for?

Yup. It's not for nutrition and there's no way its for taste when they're selling fake peanut spread. I don't even know what its for at this point.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I admit it, I am a junk food junkie! I know what the results are from this diet, obesity ... Plain and simple, I'm living proof! We all share things in common if you are reading this post, 1. we have extra weight to lose and 2. we have taken the first step to cure this, right? That being said, I have a little help that I wish I would have had a month ago when I first started this healthy eating. Ready? Here it is, when you search for your food on MFP, type in "Walden Farms". They have a huge amount of products with 0 calories! Even "peanut spread", not bad, especially when peanut butter is 190 cal. for 2 tablespoons, right? They have dressings, chocolate , strawberry, maple syrup.., slaw sauce, all kinds of stuff! I found some stuff at Walmart.. Do the search on MFP then go find it in the grocery store, save some calories! Hope this helps!

This is the kind of thing that people new to dieting run toward thinking that it's a miracle. Unfortunately, zero calorie "food" (aka chemicals with artificial flavoring that take up space in your stomach) are probably not a good way to lose weight. Even if you do get some short term weight loss from eating them, the second you stop the weight will just come right back. Except you'll be worse off then before b/c when you lose, you'll lose both muscle and fat, but when you regain you'll get just fat back. And what are the long term health effects of putting all those chemicals into your body daily?

If garbage like this worked, everyone would be doing it. But the only thing that really works is getting used to eating healthy and becoming more active (i.e. exercise).
  • yentess
    yentess Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one finds it ironic that people are bashing this no calorie peanut butter, yet so many people on this site drink diet soda and even count it as water?
  • iwork4pepsi
    Options
    OK, don't eat the peanut spread, OMG! Eat a 1/4 Tbs of Jiffy on your sandwich if you want only 48 calories! I don't care! There are over 4,000 chemicals in a cigarette, anyone who was hating on me smoke? I never said base your diet on 0 calorie alternatives or substitute it for "real food". Sorry for trying to help out. (feel free to view my "food diary") You can see I do eat "real food". We are all human and have weaknesses, most of us on here have weight issues and maybe food is one of our weaknesses....You think ? So, I thought the midnight snack that turns into 200 calories (celery and peanut butter) could be rectified by dipping in the "peanut spread" with lets say 1 calorie plus the celery stalk..... But, remember if you don't want to use the 0 calorie "peanut spread" by all means don't! I am not a nutritionist, or a doctor. I'm just a fat guy trying to lose weight! Thanks for all the "love"!

Oh, and here is the link to find the ingredients on the Walden Farms Peanut Spread: http://www.waldenfarms.com/nutrition_facts.html#

It's not a bunch of "chemicals", check it out!
  • iwork4pepsi
    Options
    :wink:
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Why replace a food that has a nice amount of poly and monounsaturated fats (heart healthy fats) for junk?:huh:
  • iwork4pepsi
    Options
    OK, I give....Eat peanut butter to you bust! Do not eat Walden Farms "peanut spread" it's poison!
    Sorry for the original post... I ate it for breakfast and now " I'm dead" !
  • _HeyMommy_
    _HeyMommy_ Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I do not like the w/f pb..or marshmellow dip...but the caramel sauce is fantastic, especially to make macchiato's. The bbq sauce and honey mustard are also pretty good, along with the rasberry and strawberry jelly. Jmo....
  • Malomar3
    Malomar3 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one finds it ironic that people are bashing this no calorie peanut butter, yet so many people on this site drink diet soda and even count it as water?

Has anyone here tried making homemade flavored water? I am not much of a soda-drinker, but HATE plain ole water. I recently started putting fruit or vegetables in a pitcher, filling it with water, and letting it sit overnight. Here is the website where I found the recipe: http://www.theyummylife.com/Flavored_Water

But I only put about 1/4 cup frozen blueberries in the pitcher, and it makes the water tasty enough and doesn't need additional sweetener.
  • iwork4pepsi
    Options

Has anyone here tried making homemade flavored water? I am not much of a soda-drinker, but HATE plain ole water. I recently started putting fruit or vegetables in a pitcher, filling it with water, and letting it sit overnight. Here is the website where I found the recipe: http://www.theyummylife.com/Flavored_Water

But I only put about 1/4 cup frozen blueberries in the pitcher, and it makes the water tasty enough and doesn't need additional sweetener.

Sounds great! Thanks for the info!
  • aksunshine
    aksunshine Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    you should have mentioned they also have chocolate :) The Fred Meyer here in our city has a few of their products. They are a little spendy though. I've tried a couple of their dressings, Okay, but not something I would purchase.
  • shellsrenee01
    shellsrenee01 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I can appreciate a post like this. I'm struggling to quit my soda habit and in the last few months I've reached for a diet soda in place of the "real" thing because I didn't want to consume the calories but my craving was too strong to resort to water.

I'm a work in progress, just as many other people on this site are. EVENTUALLY we will reach a point where the foods we consume will all be the healthy ones. However, until we reach that point, we are looking for ways to resist what has come naturally to us for the last several years and sometimes, what we reach for just might be 0 calorie peanut butter :embarassed:
  • BuckeyeLife
    BuckeyeLife Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    0 calories and fills appetite?

Water.
  • _HeyMommy_
    _HeyMommy_ Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah.. forgot about the dressings. I really like the thousand island!
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I admit it, I am a junk food junkie! I know what the results are from this diet, obesity ... Plain and simple, I'm living proof! We all share things in common if you are reading this post, 1. we have extra weight to lose and 2. we have taken the first step to cure this, right? That being said, I have a little help that I wish I would have had a month ago when I first started this healthy eating. Ready? Here it is, when you search for your food on MFP, type in "Walden Farms". They have a huge amount of products with 0 calories! Even "peanut spread", not bad, especially when peanut butter is 190 cal. for 2 tablespoons, right? They have dressings, chocolate , strawberry, maple syrup.., slaw sauce, all kinds of stuff! I found some stuff at Walmart.. Do the search on MFP then go find it in the grocery store, save some calories! Hope this helps!
    No. Modify your diet to include real stuff.
  • BuckeyeLife
    BuckeyeLife Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    OK, don't eat the peanut spread, OMG! Eat a 1/4 Tbs of Jiffy on your sandwich if you want only 48 calories! I don't care! There are over 4,000 chemicals in a cigarette, anyone who was hating on me smoke? I never said base your diet on 0 calorie alternatives or substitute it for "real food". Sorry for trying to help out. (feel free to view my "food diary") You can see I do eat "real food". We are all human and have weaknesses, most of us on here have weight issues and maybe food is one of our weaknesses....You think ? So, I thought the midnight snack that turns into 200 calories (celery and peanut butter) could be rectified by dipping in the "peanut spread" with lets say 1 calorie plus the celery stalk..... But, remember if you don't want to use the 0 calorie "peanut spread" by all means don't! I am not a nutritionist, or a doctor. I'm just a fat guy trying to lose weight! Thanks for all the "love"!

Oh, and here is the link to find the ingredients on the Walden Farms Peanut Spread: http://www.waldenfarms.com/nutrition_facts.html#

If you really need to fulfill a desire to eat "out of the approved foods" for your diet, then work for it. If I ever wanted an extra snack or something, I went and walked the calories for it, or ran. I earned it by working harder. Win, win. Now, I just eat peanut butter, don't starve myself(actually, almond butter more now) and have no issues w/ my calories.

Oh and... My girlfriend is 5'1" and 115 lbs, she eats more than you. Me thinks you're making eating better harder on yourself.
  • iwork4pepsi
    Options

If you really need to fulfill a desire to eat "out of the approved foods" for your diet, then work for it. If I ever wanted an extra snack or something, I went and walked the calories for it, or ran. I earned it by working harder. Win, win. Now, I just eat peanut butter, don't starve myself(actually, almond butter more now) and have no issues w/ my calories.

Oh and... My girlfriend is 5'1" and 115 lbs, she eats more than you. Me thinks you're making eating better harder on yourself.

My oldest son is 5'10" and weighs 163lbs and eats 6,000 calories a day...but, what does that have to do with me??? (girlfriend reference) I'm 43 yrs old and have 3 vertebrae in my back that need fused or disc's replaced. I served my country for 4 years in the Army (Desert Storm Veteran) I know how to exercise (thanks for that instruction), it's a very painful for me to even walk to the bathroom, much less jog for my peanut butter fix! I know how to eat healthy (I'm 5'10" and didn't hit 200lbs until I was 28), I just chose not too.
    as to help someone who maybe could benefit from the alternative, not base their diet on only these substitutes. Sorry for thinking that my original post might help someone. Geesh! :huh: