What does your name mean?

Options
13»

Replies

• SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    My display name...is basically my first name, first letter of my surname and the year I was born - how original :tongue:
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    My niece called me this DUDA whn she was little :)
  • stickwithme
    stickwithme Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My name's a reminder to myself to stick at it !
  • SweetAzn
    SweetAzn Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    My username stands for Sweet Asian bc I'd like to think I'm a pretty nice person!

Oh, and I'm Asian! lol ^_^
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Moxie means "aggressive energy" which fits me and used to be my nickname...it's also the best soda ever and I never get to have it because I live in Cali and it's only in the New England area. 42 because it's the answer to life, the universe, and everything :)

waaaait Moxie is a New England thing?
    I'm from New England... constantly learning that some of my "normal" stuff is specific to the region - saying "wicked," top-sliced hot dog buns, seltzer, NOW MOXIE? My life is craz.y.
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Ripper is a nickname but there seems to be quite a few using that as a log in/screen name so I added the SB from my time on the Snowbirds (Canada's jet demonstration team).
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Moxie means "aggressive energy" which fits me and used to be my nickname...it's also the best soda ever and I never get to have it because I live in Cali and it's only in the New England area. 42 because it's the answer to life, the universe, and everything :)

waaaait Moxie is a New England thing?
    I'm from New England... constantly learning that some of my "normal" stuff is specific to the region - saying "wicked," top-sliced hot dog buns, seltzer, NOW MOXIE? My life is craz.y.

Lol! Yep, no Moxie for us on the West Coast :sad: I have family in New Hampshire and Maine so I always stock up when I'm there. You can add to that list: "grinders" instead of subs, and "lobster" rolls at McDs though! Oh, and the whole "removing R's from words that have them and putting them on the end of words that dont" thing- I tease my mom about that since she's lived in Cali for 30 years but still does that. :flowerforyou:
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Those of you who have your full names as your screenname might want to consider changing that, especially if you have more identifying information in your profile or in your forum posts. This is a public site, and searchable through Google, and identity theft is real. I know a lot of people don't have a problem with it, but you need to be aware.

Mine is a combination of 2 childhood nicknames.
  • midcoast_mommy
    midcoast_mommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Athena is my name and Athena was a Greek goddess (my husband calls me his goddess), 59 = 5 is the month I was born and 9 is part of 90 (year I was born).
  • lelstar
    lelstar Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    It's the start of my email address which I created in high school after reading John Marsden's book Letters To ...(?)
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    English transliteration of my Hebrew name. And don't ask me what my Hebrew name means because I it's an interesting linguistics question, and I will ramble on about it for at least three minutes.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    poster.jpg
    You are so cool, Captain Tightpants! Please be my friend. :)
  • kurenaikumo
    kurenaikumo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    It's Japanese. 紅蜘蛛=Kurenai Kumo=Crimson Spider

Red's my fav color, spider for my fav guitarist hide (hee-day) of X JAPAN aka Pink Spider. Kurenai is also the title of an X JAPAN song LOL
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Mine is the first dog I rescued from a puppy mill, she was a miniature schnauzer & her name was Noogie. I went on to adopt her ~ 98 is the year I rescued her.

She was the best dog I have ever had ~ she passed away in 2007 & I miss her!! :heart:
  • markyz30
    markyz30 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi,

You don't worry to find your name meaning. Simply go for Babynology.com Its a popular baby names and meaning directory.

babynology.com