Looking for gamer friends!

Options
I've been a gamer my whole life, which is probably why I've gotten as big as I have, lol.

So I'm looking for some more gamer friends on MFP who are here to lose weight but still kick fictional character *kitten*.

Also, why not post what your favorite games are!!

Mine are:

Oblivion
Zelda (specifically Link to the Past)
Legend of the Dragoon
Valkyrie Profile

And a billion others. Those are just the ones on the top of my head.

Replies

• mindidily
    mindidily Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Oh how I miss gaming! I don't really get to play anything anymore. I have two young kids and my husband's work schedule is all over the place. When things finally calm down at night, I just want to sleep, too!

Some of my favorite video games -
    Most of the Final Fantasy series
    Secret of Mana
    Chrono Trigger
    Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
    Illusion of Gaia
    World of Warcraft (though I haven't played any of the newest expansion and very little of Lich King)

But really, I absolutely LOVE RPGs! Bring me to a table top D&D game, or a World of Darkness game and I'm in my element!!
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Oh how I miss gaming! I don't really get to play anything anymore. I have two young kids and my husband's work schedule is all over the place. When things finally calm down at night, I just want to sleep, too!

Some of my favorite video games -
    Most of the Final Fantasy series
    Secret of Mana
    Chrono Trigger
    Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
    Illusion of Gaia
    World of Warcraft (though I haven't played any of the newest expansion and very little of Lich King)

But really, I absolutely LOVE RPGs! Bring me to a table top D&D game, or a World of Darkness game and I'm in my element!!

I know how you feel. I have a 2 year old and a 9 month old. I try to fit gaming in when I can because I love it so much. Sometimes it's just playing a little pokemon on the gameboy or something.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Check out the MFP gamer group if you haven't yet :)
  • mindidily
    mindidily Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Haha Pokemon too! My friend in high school and I had our gameboys all the time and played the original all the time; always ready to battle!

My boys are about the same age, too! One is 2.5 and the baby is about to be 10 months.
  • KeegansMomma
    KeegansMomma Posts: 156
    Options
    Lord of the Rings Online is my absolute favorite!

And yes, I still play and kick butt on there...I just limit my time spent in front of the computer vs exercising. :D
  • falamoyacrava
    falamoyacrava Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've been loving Skyrim, completely addicted! And just recently started playing Oblivion, and love it too. I'll play just about whatever gets put in front of me really. And can't beat some good old fashioned Mario!
  • duhblond
    duhblond Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I love playing video games and such :)
    I tend to mostly play aqw
    but I also play basically any video game I can get my hands on :D
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I'm currently a RIFT addict.... but spent many years in Ultima Online, DAOC, WoW, LoTro, Aion, EQ2, Warhammer, GW etc...

The secret is to work out before you log on -- and if you bring crap to munch while playing, make it good crap :)
  • tamsinwhitfield
    tamsinwhitfield Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Guilty.

Mostly RPGs (including JRPGs of the old-school variety, have probably replayed FFVI about 20 times), currently trying to grind out the last few levels in Skyrim (level 76, so close!). Will pretty much play anything with a plot, but haven't had a huge amount of time for it the last few years, and I keep buying games anyway - so my "to play" stack is literally approaching the foot-high point.

Also love a multiplayer shooter. Does not get better than Goldeneye (although not gonna lie, prefer original N64 version!).
  • Onemoodycuss
    Onemoodycuss Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Always looking to add gamers. Feel free to add me.
    I'm currently playing Skyrim. My one year old currently says "dada," "mama," and "ohoh." I'm sure her next words'll be "fus ro dah."

Favorites includes, but are not limited to, Mass Effect, Legend of the Dragoon, Final Fantasy, God of War, Assassin's Creed...I could go on.
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    fable
    skyrim
    lotr
    star wars
    harry potter
  • suzannelmartin
    suzannelmartin Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    my husband plays the table top D&D every week.
  • marvelscale
    marvelscale Posts: 135
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)

My favorites are Red Dead Redemption, Amnesia, all the Assassin's Creeds, and Borderlands
  • nymthiriel
    nymthiriel Posts: 42
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of Skyim, FFIV, Super Metroid, Eternal Sonata, etc...so I guess Adventure/JRPGs! I have to find time to game, else I lose my mind with all of this "reality" stuff constantly getting in the way....

Oh god, I forgot about Pokemon. I just restarted a game of Pokemon Black. I've been playing that series since '98. ;) Also, feel free to add me! I'm looking for friends on here as well...
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.

Currently Playing:
    - Skyrim (just started)
    - Diablo 3 (my gamer tag is tomomatic#1106)

Favorites:
    - God of War Series.
    - FF7
    - Final Fantasy Tactics (awesome remake for PSP)
    - Super Puzzle Fighter
    - Starcraft 1 (I haven't played the sequel)
    - Warcraft 1, 2 and 3
    - Just about any Mario game.
    I could go on.
  • littlefreckle91
    Options
    I am a massive Resident Evil fan and am currently finishing RE5 :)
    Bioshock
    Fable 2
    Dead Island 2
    Tomb Raider

and many more but I can't think of them off the top of my head!

Ooh just remembered I love Fallout 3 and all the expansions! :D
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    A Link to the Past was the last *real* LoZ game I ever liked. Never got into any of the others with the ocarina masks and twilight phantoms and what-have-you.
    Same with FF7. I can accept a guy named Cloud with a giant sword with materia slots, but a revolver pistol gun-blade is right out. A bayonet, I can accept. But then we also have dress-spheres and people named Squall and Lightning.

I still have Fable (1) and Morrowind for the xbox, and some good PS2 RPGs (well, PS1 mostly) . Never really saw the need for any more advanced console than that, although Okami and the New Super Mario Brothers are good on the Wii. :D

I'm more an Everquest (1 and 2) and Portal (1 and 2) kinda guy, though I loved Bioshock (1).
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    BTW, I'm sending everyone on this thread a link to the MFP Gamers group.

---Update---
    I sent a bunch of invites to the group so I'm done.

Here's a link to the group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/19-mfp-gamers
  • Cwilbanks12105
    Cwilbanks12105 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    <--WoW nerd lol. Ive played many other things over the years but I always go back to wow. Taking a break at the moment, hard to play with a 3 month old attached to your hip lol. Figure Ill wait till the next expansion. I also love dragon age, probably my fave console game.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Final Fantasy 7.
    Breath of Fire 3.
    Mana Khemia/Atelier Iris/Ar Tonelico.

Played a LOT of WoW a few years back. I'm a recovered addict. XD