Errrmmm Ummm..*blush*

Options

Replies

• AliciaNorris81
    AliciaNorris81 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Crop Dusting. Blame the dog, its all good. That or embrace the gas and use it as a weapon against all who oppose you.

We call this "Chemical Warfare" :laugh:
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    it goes away...your body adjusts.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Try increasing it slowly, like others have said. I eat a lot of protein bars/shakes AND lots of beans and I don't have an abnormal amount of gas and it doesn't have an odor when I do. You're probably just taking in more than your body can digest right now.
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I use GasX sometimes when it is really bothering me, otherwise if it is just mild gas I take a chewable Maalox (the mixed berry kind, they're actually good).
  • Karalopolous
    Karalopolous Posts: 574
    Options
    Crop Dusting. Blame the dog, its all good. That or embrace the gas and use it as a weapon against all who oppose you.

We call this "Chemical Warfare" :laugh:

I call it multitasking. You instantly feel better while pissing someone else off. It's a win-win situation really.
  • MamaKeeks
    MamaKeeks Posts: 234
    Options
    . Now I use vanilla protein powder mixed in coconut silk, its delicious.

COCONUT SILK? WTH??!! What is that and where can I get it? It sounds DELISH!!!

How long have you been doing the protein? Is it powder? If so, give yourself some time... I did a cleansey-thing a few mnths ago and started with protein shakes and man my gas was baaaad... but after a week or so, my body adjusted and all was well.

Lots of water also usually helps keep things flushing!
  • trishatarrant
    trishatarrant Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the chuckle.
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I was having a similar issue and started taking a pro-biotic it helped some but not totally. I recently experimented with a lower protein intake (around what MFP recommends) and replaced all the shakes and meat with lots of fruits, veggies, and only a little meat. My stomach issues are gone, I feel much better with more energy and my mood is happier. Just my experience and I'm sure I'll get blasted for daring to say anything opposing high protein. Check out this link for more info: //www.livestrong.com/article/253065-signs-symptoms-of-too-much-protein-in-the-diet/
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh I love my low carb diet, I never have this problem! :happy:
  • Karalopolous
    Karalopolous Posts: 574
    Options
    Own it like little Kitty:

fart.jpg
  • MouseFood
    MouseFood Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hmm, protein doesn't do this to me ... excess veg and fruit does. Esp things like broccoli, beans, oriental veggies etc ...
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    lol I need something. I am always farting up a storm. I think I can out beat my husband when it comes to farts and burping. He tells me that I am not a guy. I am a women and start acting like one lol. I told him when nature speaks, I can't help it hahahha.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    OWN IT!! It's something you made, be proud, share it with everyone. Just light a match.
  • FitBarbie2986
    FitBarbie2986 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I have to admit that this turned me on. :blushing:

eww your joking right? lol!
  • FitBarbie2986
    Options
    This is going to get pretty bad pretty quickly!

*on a serious note: If you are mixing your protein powder with milk, you could be lactose intolerant.

yea i do think i am sensitive to milk,i use fat free milk,but still..ill try it with water,thank you! :D
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Hmm, protein doesn't do this to me ... excess veg and fruit does. Esp things like broccoli, beans, oriental veggies etc ...

Honestly... it has to be a lactose intolerance.
  • FitBarbie2986
    Options
    Get a really good probiotic...it will help with the gas....of course, I don't have a BF...just a mouthy 12-yo girl who deserves a face full of toxic air from time to time. lol

This made me literally LOL!! :laugh:
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    just learn to drop the SBD's.... that way you can blame the dog :laugh:

Yep thats me, I always blame the dog. Poor baby..
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    The other thing to consider is the ingredients in your protein powder. Some artificial sweeteners give me terrible gas (as does HCFCS). If I use powders with certain sweeteners I have this um... fragrant.... problem even if I make shakes with water.
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    MamaKeeks, look in the dairy case at the supermarket, near the soy and almond milk - the product name is Silk PureCoconut. So Delicious makes a good coconut milk as well.

For the OP, I agree with just about everyone else. I'm lactose intolerant, and that's one of my symptoms. Swapping out milk for water or a non-dairy milk may help, but be aware that most protein powders are whey, which is milk protein.

Does anyone have brand recommendations for protein powder that aren't either whey or soy based? IS there such a thing?