Weights for 30 Day Shred

Options
AwMyLoLo
AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
I just ordered the 30 Day Shred video (thanks to another post that said it is on clearance at walmart.com right now, cost me less than $10 including shipping :bigsmile: ). Anyway, I know you need 2-5 pound hand weights. The only ones I have at home are 5 pounds. What weight do you all use?

Replies

• likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I use 5-10 depending on my day and how in the mood I am. If the 5's get to be too much, you can substitute with canned foods. That is what my friend uses. Baby steps is what we call it. Plus, who doesn't have canned foods in the house?? It beats going out and spending more money :happy: Good luck and have fun!! :drinker:
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I started with 5, but had trouble completing the reps, so switched down to 3, after two weeks now I've been working the 5's back in on some of the exercises where I feel I can. Canned foods are a great suggestion for just getting started.
  • emmaphillips
    Options
    yeah the only weights i had around the house were 6lb weights for my 1st day on the shred yesterday and im paying the price today! so i'd definately suggest 3lb for at least the first 5 days depending on how much ur strength builds up... i'm loving it tho :love: hope i see some change in the inches soon!

:heart: Emma
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I just started Monday.....it is wednesday and I can not walk :ohwell:
    I am using the 3lb weight for most of the workout except for the floor arm fly, I then use the 5lb. but for those of you that have been doing this how long till the misserable pain goes away.
    I was working out on the ellipitial for about 6 months...34-45 min a day. And when the weather broke I started bike riding to mix it up.....50 minutes/12.5 miles each time.
    I still can not believe how bad my quads hurt from this dvd. my stomach muscles are a little sore (bearable) Arm..sore but again bearable. THE QUADS feel like I have ripped every muscle in them! I had to take 3 ibprophen to get to work....and that didn't do much!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I have 3 pounds weights. I could have used 5 lbs for the first couple levels, but no way on level 3. I just started level 3 and I thought about putting down my 3 pounders for some of the moves, but I didn't. I didn't finish everything either. That's my goal tonight - and to get the moves.
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    So what have your results been like so far? Do you do it every day, or every other day? I am trying to slim down and tone up for my wedding in 52 days :bigsmile: and plan on doing this in addition to my cardio and weight routine at the gym. I am pretty sore today from yesterday. I did 1 mile jog, stretch, half hour of weights for shoulders, back, and arms, and then did a 12 minute Tae Bo video when I got home.
  • margaretthedevil
    Options
    I use 5 pound weights. If you're just starting out, I would use 3 or 5 lb weights depending on how strong you are. I also feel like each level is like 5x harder than the previous level. :sad:
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,441 Member
    Options
    I just finished 30 Day Shred yesterday, and I used 4 lb weights through all levels. I only lost 3 lbs, but lost 1-1/2" in the waist, 1/2" in each thigh and 3/4" in the hips. Also increased my strength. Saw an added bonus of better looking arms/legs/calfs/shoulders/abs. LOVE Jillian!