Thoughts on this

Options
It's not a big deal, just something that bugged me.

I changed gyms as we moved house. New spin class, new instructors.

I pulled liagments in both knees last year, my right knee cap floats still causing a build-up of pressure every now and again.

I find it hard to do seated climbs plus any type of standing squats on the bike. I can do them but at my own pace and for as long as I can. To relieve the pressure in my right knee, when doing seated climbs I will stand up for like 5 secs and sit back down again. The instuctor shouted at me today to not stand (35 people in the class!). I made a face and did what I wanted.

After the class, I went up to him and said the reason as to why I have to stand every now and again. He response was something along the lines of if other people see me standing, they will do the same! Eh I don't give a rats ar£e about other people; I DO NOT want to damage my knees again and if I need to stand up for 5 seconds, I will. That's the whole point about spin class isn't it??? You can take it at your own pace, own resistance etc. Obviously I push myself as much as I can to get value from it but I have my limits.

Oh and I got oh about 4 hrs sleep last night as our nearly 4 year old was awake for 3 hrs and kicking up a fuss. Kinda tired today anyway.

Like I said, I'm not overly bothered by him but I just feel he didn't need to shout at me. I felt the need to explain myself to him. he never asks at the start of the class if anyone has any injuries etc which the instructors in my last gym did every time.

Thoughts???