If Everyday Were Like Today, You Would Weigh....

Options
Is this accurate for anyone?? Im really curious to know if anyone has seen the same results that MFP predicts!?

Replies

• rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    No, I find it confusing myself. Every day is like today for me, every time I finish up my diary I'm under my goal and it says I should weigh4 pounds less in 5 weeks. I have only been over my calories I believe two times in the past month. Yet, I mark when I'm supposed to hit the number in my calendar, the day comes that I'm "supposed" to weigh 4 pounds less and I'm never there. I'm very careful with tracking the correct amount of calories and exercise too, so it's not like I'm eating a bowl of ice cream by accident and not logging it expecting the same results lol.
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I also find it confusing. One time I had a message that I needed to eat more calories and at the same time it said if everyday were like today, I would weigh about 2 pounds less in 5 weeks.
  • micervera
    micervera Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    That part of MFP doesn't work. I've been the same weight for what seems like forever eating healthy & not so healthy. The week where I was strict with the calorie threshold I didn't weigh anything what they said I would. I don't follow it but use it as a guide.
  • PinkKitty724
    PinkKitty724 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    It's nice to see, but it never happens for me.
    If it did, I'd weigh at my goal weight NOW. Liars. =;)
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Its estimated. It all comes down to you.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    It's bogus! I've been stuck at the same weight for 6 LONG months. I just ignore it.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    If every day were like today, and it has been, I should have been 10lbs lighter a year ago :)
  • maxonehiphop
    maxonehiphop Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    it seem to be pretty dang accurate for me.
  • Spice_4_Life
    Spice_4_Life Posts: 225
    Options
    Mine is actually true. It says that I will be 8 pounds down. But I only have 1 1/2lbs to go :) So that should change within about 3 days :)
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Doesn't work but sure is motivational for me
  • BrandiiPandii
    BrandiiPandii Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i havent been on this site long enough to see if its accurate, but it does keep me motivated. when i see what i could weigh in 5 weeks if i work hard and eat right it keeps me going on those days i just want to give up. so i dont mind seeing it :D
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Lies, lies, lies, all bloody lies.

No, it never happened for me that way.
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    All it does it work out your calorie deficit that and m=multiply it by 5 weeks and say how much that would change your weight. It is only as accurate as the information you put in, the consistency of your days and how normal you are.
  • samandlucysmum
    Options
    It says 'if every day was like today' i.e if you ate everything you did on that day, for the next 5 weeks, you would weigh that much, that's probably true, but in all reality, no one eats the same thing everyday.
  • zophiel67
    zophiel67 Posts: 181
    Options
    It's a motivational tool, not an accurate predictor. There is no way for them to take into account the variability that comes with the individual using it. What I call "heavy housework" might be "light housework" to someone else. But I also might have more muscle than that person and burn more while sitting still. Which means my daily intake should be higher even with less activity. This is a tool, not a bible, and should be treated as such. Use it for motivation and tracking, celebrate your wins, and blame your losses on the universe. :drinker:
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    I've just now started to make note of it.. in about 5 weeks I'll let you know =p I do like to see that number get a little smaller each day though.. =) Encourgment!
  • monalissanne
    monalissanne Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    It gives me a general idea, but I am usually more than what it says. That calculation is solely based on calories (with a 3500 calorie deficit equaling 1 pound), but it doesn't factor in TOM, sodium intake, etc. It's correct math, but it's not reality.
  • tasiamere
    tasiamere Posts: 233
    Options
    Mine is normally accurate...at least so far. I use the Losertown.org predictor though and that is definitely on point!
  • flutterby2018
    Options
    It's an estimation, we have to watch not only the calories, but the fat...protein etc. I didn't lose anything until I started looking at the whole thing....and exercising too. Good luck!!! :)
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Nothing in life is guaranteed! My calorie levels from day to day are so varied I couldn't possibly say whether the calculation is accurate.