What is Your Best Kept Fat/Calorie-Blasting Exercise??

Options

Replies

• secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Muay thai, sparring with a partner

Aside from that I'd say any full-body workout that includes cardio and calisthenics. If you're not using your arms, legs and core, you're not as efficient as you could be
  • Natashia524
    Natashia524 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Tae Bo

LOL. Is that even still around??
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Tae Bo

Oh hell yeah.....Billy Blanks keeping it strong.
  • chroniclesofadime
    Options
    I prefer at-home workouts for various reasons and I've found that Jari Love is amazing! She actually does scientific testing on all of the exercises in her workouts. Taken from her website, "Measured variables included the percentage of carbohydrates (RER), lactic acid profile, calories (Kcal), ventilation and oxygen consumption (VO2)."

That way you know you're getting the maximum calorie burn in the workouts. Per Fitness magazine, the Get Ripped! Slim & Lean workout of hers burns an estimated 700 calories in 65 minutes (that workout is fast paced, high-rep, low-to-moderate weight strength training). Do I think I'M burning 700 calories in 65 minutes? Probably not but it's good to know that's a possibility! (I use a lower estimate on MFP).

I did the Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 workout, and while I felt that one kicked my butt, I dreaded it because she was extremely irritating. Jari Love is like her polar opposite...very soft spoken, kind, etc and that's very motivating for me. I absolutely love her workouts!!

I found her workouts via Amazon.com but if you wanna know more before you buy check out her website: http://jarilove.com/
  • Natashia524
    Natashia524 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Tae Bo

LOL. Too funny! I haven't seen the infomercials in a while... All I see now is Insanity, and maybe some P90X in there.
  • Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    Options
    Inline Skating, I burn the same amount of calories like running but it seems so much more easy and is a lot more fun. Speedskating is very good to shape the legs. And it is also great for interval training.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Tae Bo

LOL. Too funny! I haven't seen the infomercials in a while... All I see now is Insanity, and maybe some P90X in there.

Im getting ready to pick this one up...It's his son.

http://www.meettheblanks.com/
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    My go-to when I want a good burn is Turbo Jam, but I recently got a used copy of Body Attack (Les Mills) and that kicked my *kitten*! Burned about 560 cals in about an hour. Just read an article last night in the Costco magazine about running up stairs being a great calorie-blasting workout. That might kill me. I have a Jari Love dvd, but I haven't used it yet because I'm finishing up another program, but it looks pretty intense!
  • medlicott68
    Options
    Kick Boxing. Sparring with a partner is best, but when that's not possible, going to town on a punching bag really burns.
  • maxonehiphop
    maxonehiphop Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Best thing that I have found so far that works for ME is putting the treadmill at 4-4.3mph and at 10-15 incline. 175 calories in 15 minutes.... Doesnt seem like alot but for how much I eat, burning 300-500 calories a day is enough.

I am doing a lot of different things but I believe my 60-70 minutes on a treadmill with a 15% incline at 3.9-4.5 MPH (once to twice a day most days) has been most responsible for my fat loss so far.

IMO anyone that is trying to lose fat should also lift. It might make the loss go a bit slower but It does wonders in the mirror.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Housework
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    For me it was the :devil:EVIL :devil: Jacobs Ladder although I rarely use it any more.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNpZvzwzyj5SRAXhHJao8_oamQz26f_MycKfAErM7U4ZBe6KjzFg
  • mkdre
    mkdre Posts: 1
    Options
    Zumba
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    jacobs ladder.
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Cardio Barre
  • madisonsteelex
    Options
    The insanity cardio workouts are only around 400 minutes long and blast RIDICULOUS amounts of calories. You don't have to do insanity the full program, you can just work some of the cardio routines into your workout. Also interval sprints on the elliptical really work for me and get my heart rate HIGH.

I always like to do intervals because it gives you the best burn and after-burn but this is a super sweet burn on the elliptical in only 20 minutes! I’m so sick of seeing girls do the elliptical on level 15(the automatic level for a cybex) for an hour. It’s pointless, your body gets used to it and eventually you’ll stop burning as many calories that way.

It’s for a cybex elliptical and it’s hard the first time, but it does get easier! And it’s definitely worth it!

So my gym only has 3 cybex ellipticals and like a million precor ones, but I love the cybex ones so I always try to get one.

First, set the incline up to 10(I know but to me, I think it’s actually easier!). Then start off with 2 minutes on level 35, then 2 minutes level 55, 2 minutes level 80, 2 minutes level 95-100, then back down to 80.. etc. Every two minutes changing it, once you reach 20 minutes you should have burned around 300 calories! I burn around 330 when I do it but every body is different(I am 5’2” and weigh 135 lbs). I hope this works for you guys, I really suggest you try it!
  • StacyPervis
    Options
    I can't stand the gym atmosphere cardio or watching someone on tv following them. I vary running, jogging and speed walking in the neighborhood. I used google earth to get an overhead view of about 6 blocks in my area. I used the measuring tool on google earth to measure distances on various routes. Each block is about 3.5-4 miles around. I have planned routes from my house around the area and end at home. Routes vary from 3-6 miles. If I choose a 4 mile route and still feel like an extra mile, I add another mile and end up back home. I enjoy being outside running and seeing more than the muscle head posing in the mirror or watching someone in shape telling me how to work out on tv.
    I've lost 20 pounds in 2.5 weeks following this and watching my food on MFP.
  • fit4life_73
    fit4life_73 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Running. But, I think 90% of this is diet.

Yeah I've heard that it's 80% diet and 20% workout. That was quite shocking to me when I learned about it but I am a witness that it's true. I lost most of my weight while on crutches after a knee surgery. Changing my food intake was definitely the key to jumpstart it all!!

What did you change about your food? How much did you lose and how long did it take? I'm just curious. I'm getting in a routine for working out but I'm having trouble with the food. Thanks
  • sensitiveaboutmyshit
    Options
    Bumping for later on.
  • Jordant107
    Jordant107 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Insanity workouts- that s*** is......................................insane!! :)
    They're not long, but they push you to the limit every time, and they really blast off the fat!!