NROLFW nutrition plan...who's following it?

Options
I just picked up the NROLFW the other day and am currently reading it, preparing to begin implementing it next week. I have no idea why I thought it was just going to be a book about lifting. Of course, it has a recommended nutrition plan, too. Duh, CarrieAnne! I'm only on page 47 right now so I don't even know for sure what all the nutrition plan entails, but I should have no problem getting to that part & beyond with tonight's reading so I wanted to put this out there now....

From what I've read so far the author definitely seems opposed to low-calorie eating or 'counting calories' and scoffs at the meager 1200 cals normally recommended by MFP. I have my cals currently set at 1536, but even that seems like it will be low in the author's eyes. So here is my question...

Are any of my fellow MFPers who are doing NROLFW following the nutrition plan in the book or are you doing your own thing? Which ever way you have chosen to do it, do you feel that it is working for you? Do you feel that you are getting the full benefits of the work-outs? How long have you been doing it & what kind of results are you seeing?

I have been doing fairly well with the changes I've made for myself this year and have been losing steadily, so I'm not entirely opposed to keeping up with what has been working for me (in fact, that was pretty much what I had just assumed I would do), but I would also like to get the optimum benefits of any plan or work-out, so I'd just like to get a little real-world advice/opinion on this.

Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I am on Phase 4 right now and totally see a difference in Body Fat, Strength and body! I love the lifting part but do not follow the nutrition plan....there are also lot's of groups on here that do NROLFW, check them out.

Also if you have trouble with the workout chart, let me know and I'll send you the simplied version...........I could not figure out the one in the book to save my life, but someone in the group sent me hers and it makes a world of difference!

GOOD LUCK!